and plain insecure, when my boyfriend went into a clothing store with me, and I was asking which color top he would prefer on me, when I noticed he was far too distracted, literally staring at one of the young sales associates' but t(she was in tight, sequined pocketed jeans.) I could not get his attention and I felt a pang of insecure jealousy when I saw how much he was staring. I have been dieting to get in super shape, just lost weight and was waiting to purchase those sexy type of jeans. She was heavier than me, yet was sporting very tight jeans. What does a smart woman do, if this happens to her? Ignore, make a joke, or just let him see her staring at men in the same fashion? I know that if I was confident, I would just think that it is no big deal, that men just are visual and she was something pleasant for him to be staring at... Any words of experienced wisdom on controlling the pain of jealousy?

Darren Steez

I'm a dude. I'd be remiss to say even in a relationship I didn't look at other women..ok not look but notice but I was always respectful of my partner. A glance yes but never staring.

My guess he was probably trying to make you jealous by being so obvious about the staring "Oh wait I'm too distracted by obviously staring at the woman with a nice butt right in front of my girlfriend"

Communication and honesty is the key. You let him know it's not on to stare at another lady in your presence. It's a tad disrespectful.