For those with retroactive jealousy

LibbyListens

Let's be the most amazing, wonderful, supportive partners possible to show them they did not make a mistake when they left their previous partner(s). Let's not give them a reason to wonder. Let's not continually bring up the past and force them to think about what we consider the unthinkable. Let's be better than those that don't matter anymore. For me, time is an issue; the amount of time they were together, the amount of time he spent grieving the ending of their relationship. I commit to recognizing time is on my side. I cannot turn the time around, but I can make what time we have as memorable and joyful as possible by not obsessing, by providing love and support, and going back to the girl I was, the one he fell in love with.

/earlymorningthoughts

Backstory

Thank you for this Libby. I'm trying to take this thought into my day and make the most of the time with my husband. I hate that this issue I have is always hanging around. I want to be set free. Set free to be the person I used to be. I look back on how happy I once was and am so disappointed with what I have turned into. I swear its like I don't even know myself anymore. And for what? I have a good life and husband and I'm letting something completely out of my*control control*me. I want positive thoughts back in my brain. Hope for tomorrow. Not this constant obsessive thinking that has been consuming me. Ahhhh!

Good luck to you Libby. I'm hoping to start seeing the light at the end of this tunnel.