Found out later she was still married

I had a LDR with a woman years ago. We dated for over a year. Found out a few years later that she was separated, but still married during our relationship. Being it was a LDR...I have no idea what if any contact she had with her husband at the time. She didnt have a ring, and didnt have any ring marks on her finger. So I dont think she was screwing around on him...she had her own apt all that time. Just felt weird even all this time later to find out she lied about being divorced. To be honest I dont even know if she ever got divorced from him.

Is this a common thing others have experienced as well?

• Author
Who wants to explain the intricacies of a messy, elongated, ongoing or impending divorce?

True. That does make it sound better. The only thing is I dont know how long she was "separated" from him before we met.

They could very well still be married to this day and STILL living apart

No, sad to say but living isnt the correct word for her anymore. Its past tense now. Thats how I found out she was still married back then.

Edited by MrTurk
  • Author
It seems more common with married men trolling dating sites, pretending to be single, and tricking women into dating them.

Over the years, I've read quite a few stories of OW who admit that their married man LIED to them about being married and led them on for 5 months or 8 months and some even pulled it off for a year before he finally came clean.

The really amazing part is that unlike you (you actually have a moral compass and a conscience), the overwhelming majority of these women CONTINUED to stay with these losers after knowing how they'd been scammed. Hell, some have gone on to marry these lying con men.

Can you imagine? I still can't wrap my brain around that.

I am 100% dead honest when I say I have no idea how these guys get women to meet them. I've said it 100 times before....but I cant even get a woman on a dating site locally to reply to me. Never has a local woman ever replied to me, not once. But all these liars, cheaters, users, pervs, sex fiends, abusers....they all get dates....women meet them....in person...face to face....some of them have month long relationships before the woman realizes he is full of sh*t.

But me.....I cant even get a f'n email reply. An email reply that takes almost no energy to type out. An email reply that doesnt require making plans. Doesnt require finding someone to watch her kids. Doesnt require rescheduling anything.

Think of how worthless they must view me as.....that all that trash gets chosen over me. That they choose to meet those guys....and continue to see them...with the red flags.....and at the same time make the decision that I'm not worth the time to send something as simple and easy as an email reply.

I had a LDR with a woman years ago. We dated for over a year. Found out a few years later that she was separated, but still married during our relationship. Being it was a LDR...I have no idea what if any contact she had with her husband at the time. She didnt have a ring, and didnt have any ring marks on her finger. So I dont think she was screwing around on him...she had her own apt all that time. Just felt weird even all this time later to find out she lied about being divorced. To be honest I dont even know if she ever got divorced from him.

Is this a common thing others have experienced as well?

Dumb question, but what's an LDR?

I am 100% dead honest when I say I have no idea how these guys get women to meet them. I've said it 100 times before....but I cant even get a woman on a dating site locally to reply to me. Never has a local woman ever replied to me, not once. But all these liars, cheaters, users, pervs, sex fiends, abusers....they all get dates....women meet them....in person...face to face....some of them have month long relationships before the woman realizes he is full of sh*t.

But me.....I cant even get a f'n email reply. An email reply that takes almost no energy to type out. An email reply that doesnt require making plans. Doesnt require finding someone to watch her kids. Doesnt require rescheduling anything.

Think of how worthless they must view me as.....that all that trash gets chosen over me. That they choose to meet those guys....and continue to see them...with the red flags.....and at the same time make the decision that I'm not worth the time to send something as simple and easy as an email reply.

That's one of the greatest taboos concerning female psyche. One that they know all too well, but that they very, very rarely admit (even to themselves).

Most women have a dark hidden fantasy of being conected with a dangerous man. A sort of "sexual beast". Most women are afraid to fulfill this sort of fantasy.

Yet, as they grow older, many decide to go forward. That's why you see so many women, married to decent, nice guys, cheat on them with losers, perverts and even pedophiles.

A similar thing happens with men, when they trade their decent wives for cheap sluts.