Anyone never cheated?

Betterthanthis13

Just feeling alone lately... I've been reading so many stories on the Internet of why people cheat, how sorry they feel, how not sorry they feel , why they feel justified, how it's normal, how people rcover from cheating blah blah blah....

I personally have not cheated on any boyfriend or on my husband. I was married and divorced young.

I don't put myself on situations that could lead to cheating. It's that simple. If I am with a guy I am WITH him. If its not working out, I discuss it with him and we break up before I start dating others. My longest relationship was almost 10 years long. I'm over 35. I'm attractive and in good shape so it's not because I don't get attention from men. I simply so not encourage it if I am with someone. In fact, I actively discourage any attention not from my significant other. It is not hard for me. I don't feel like I missing out on the excitement of having affairs.

Is there anyone else like me on this planet ? I'd like to find someone as dorky and naive as I am so we can settle down and quit experiencing all this heartache at the hands of people who for whatever ever reason don't share a similar philosophy but like to pretend they do.

• Like 3
lostinlove101

I've never cheated, never even thought about it. It goes against every facet of my being.. Even if I get attention when I'm committed to someone it never even enters my mind to be tempted. I too am over 35 and I wish there were men out there right for us!

Never cheated. I was tempted, yes, but ultimately I always did the right thing.

Nothing deters cheating like self-respect, imo. I'd hate myself for sinking so low if I did.

-A

I think it's really sad that it's become "normal" or expected in today's society. When I was alot younger I was cheated on/ and cheated on my first long term boyfriend. It felt horrible, both being cheated on and then doing the cheating. I would never ever, even think of doing it again- truthfully I would feel guilty if I even had thoughts about doing so. I don't know how some people can sleep at night or continue in their relationships after having an affair. It might be old fashioned but I really believe that if you love someone, then you commit emotional and physically to that person. If you can't do that - regardless if you love them or no. Then don't be with them. Simple.

youngnlove89

I have never cheated and never will! I would just break up with the person I'm with if I was craving another person. It's that simple.

I've been cheated on before and I know how horrible it can be. It is immense pain. My father also cheated on my mom. Since then, I've had horrible trust issues.

My current bf hasn't cheated and I'd like to believe he really hasn't. But my trust issues are so big that I think anything is possible.

I get so anxious at the thought of it that I get physically ill. I'm nauseous right now and am having diarrhea because of my own issues with my boyfriend being FRIENDS with a cheater.

It's horrible. I hate how people do such things. :/

Never have and never will. Loyalty towards the people I love is everything to me and I would never go behind their back like that. I have been in situations where I could do it and get away with it but I want to be able to look at my wife and know I am telling the truth when I say she is the only one. If I was unhappy for whatever reason I would tell her honestly.

• 3 weeks later...
thishatteredsymphony

I have been cheated on and dumped, but I've never cheated. In my last relationship (in which I was cheated and dumped), we were long distance for a couple years during which I was hit on by a few girls when I went out. Not once, EVER did I do anything.

And yet I find out after she dumps me that she kissed other guys while we were long distance because she couldn't handle not having physical contact.

I have never cheated, and will never cheat. It's one of the most selfish acts a person can do to another. I can't for the life of me understand why and how ppl cheat? if you're not happy, then just leave so that the person you're cheating on or about to cheat on can find someone deserving of them. I have been cheated on by almost every guy I have been with. Nothing feels worse. And I believe in different levels of cheating. Like a guy I was with for yrs was in love w/someone else, yet I was the one he was with, I was the one he said those words to. When he came clean I felt like my life fell apart. It was the absolute worst feeling and I would never inflict that type of pain on another person. I am very happy to see this post and can only hope that there are others like this out there somewhere.

I am a monogamous person, I'm also loyal by nature. But I was OW when I was single , so I feel that I cheated. I wasn't married to the BS but still even then I knew that I was participating under the radar in infidelity...cheating.

And since then I remarried and became a BS. I'm mentioning this because I've come to realize that my comfort level with infidelity probably led to my not seeing the red flags most women would have seen when I met and married my now XH.

I always used to think it was Karma or that I got what I deserved. But with the passing of time I've realized it wasn't by chance I married a cheater. I was comfortable with the cheater personality or magnetism from my previous experience.

So I was a cheater, as OW. I know most OW don't see it tht way...but I'm not sure why .

Pretty JMai

I have never cheated and never ever will! When I am with someone, I am with him and no one else. Loyalty, trust, and respect are cornerstones of any relationship and once that's broken, it cannot be restored. I would rather part ways with someone if I find myself interested in someone else than do something so horrible and unforgivable. I don't care what the circumstances may be but no one deserves to be treated like that. I have too much love and respect for myself and the man I am with to ever do that.

I've never cheated on a girlfriend, fiancee or my spouse.

I was inadvertently and unknowingly the OM for a while. Then later knowingly with the same person. I had to end it because it's just not who I am.

The funny thing is that I didn't cheat on her either although I was single and she was the one in a relationship.

That's how I ended up on this site. To try to make sense of this cheating thing because it's not really part of my makeup.

nescafe1982

Never cheated. Been tempted in the past (had another guy ask me out on a date even though i had a BF at home.. thought about it for a while) but never even come close to cheating. I've been on the receiving end a couple times and couldn't imagine being the cause of pain like that.... it's always been enough to scare me out of any situation that could result in a cheat.

Never cheated, never will. I am amazed at the # of women I meet now who were in a relationship where the man cheated. I had no idea.

Ask the question differently maybe, as I do think there is emotional cheating and than actual, physical, having sex cheating.

in_absentia

Never cheated on someone, the guilt would eat me alive and I would confess pretty much instantly. The fear that that confession would cause him to leave me is always enough to make me not want to cheat in the first place.

I was an OW for four months once, though. So I was participant in infidelity.

It-is-what-it-is.

Never cheated. Over 50.

Pretty sure (99.9%) the hubs has never cheated either.

Temptations are here opportunities are there, but I respect myself, my husband and my family too much to ever do it. And happy to do it.

Oh, and I avoid flirty boundariless people they make me go EEEEWWWWWW.