My GF of 3 years kissed someone else

Why do women suck sooo bad? Soo anyways my GF just told me she kissed someone at a club 2 weeks ago. The story behind this is that she was away and we were on the verge of breaking up. She said that in her mind things were beyond repair already And this happened while going out w friends. She says it was quick meaningless and with a random person who initiated it and she stopped it very quickly out of guilt. After this event without knowing about it I told her we should end things. Since then she apologized for the way things have been going lately and she told me she wants to work on things if I am willing and I agreed and things have been great soo far and she told me about this because she does not want this new beginning without being truthfull. This is so crappy.

Sounds to me like you guys have some issues in your relationship.

3 years is quite some time.

But it also seems like you are both willing to work on things.

She told you because she doesn't want anything to stand in the way of a new beginning. That shows of maturity.

So she kissed someone else, who cares. People do that and realize the grass isn't greener.

Let it go and just try to make things better this time around.

Maybe it will work, maybe it wont. But don't use this 'mistake' of hers against her. And also: WOMEN DON'T SUCK. PEOPLE SUCK. Because men make mistakes just as women do. We are all flawed. But we also are able to make thing work if we learn from out mistakes.

:p

• Like 1
Maleficent
Why do women suck sooo bad? Soo anyways my GF just told me she kissed someone at a club 2 weeks ago. The story behind this is that she was away and we were on the verge of breaking up. She said that in her mind things were beyond repair already And this happened while going out w friends. She says it was quick meaningless and with a random person who initiated it and she stopped it very quickly out of guilt. After this event without knowing about it I told her we should end things. Since then she apologized for the way things have been going lately and she told me she wants to work on things if I am willing and I agreed and things have been great soo far and she told me about this because she does not want this new beginning without being truthfull. This is so crappy.

Well she definitely f*cked up. But she stopped before it went too far and wants to work on things. She obviously cares about you.

Not that what she did is smart but she is willing to put in the work. If you are too and if you care about her - give it a try.

Relationships aren't always easy. My mom fell in love with another man 15 years ago and my parents worked through it (she didn't cheat).

In the end, it's all about what you think is the best for you.

BeholdtheMan
Let's hope she only "kissed" some dude at the club. For all you know, she could've fu**ed the dude and told you a partial truth to ease her conscience. Up to you whether you want to buy it.
  • Like 1
Let's hope she only "kissed" some dude at the club. For all you know, she could've fu**ed the dude and told you a partial truth to ease her conscience. Up to you whether you want to buy it.

Yeah, that could be too, but EVEN IF that also happened (if), then it will come out down the road, because if things work out for the better now she will want to clear up her conscience sooner or later.

But I don't think she slept with someone else.

A friend of mine once went out with her girlfriends, partying, and kissed another guy. She questioned all the time if she still wanted to be in her relationship of 4 years (with her partner she has a two year old). But it made her realize that she just concentrated too much on being a stressed out mom and forgot how to put some romance into her relationship, and she just got somewhere else some attention that she was missing from her boyfriend.

So what I am trying to say is, sometimes we need to make mistakes to realize what truly is important to us.

And now that you are working on things it is very obvious that she wants the two of you to work out. Good luck! Make the best of it! Don't dwell on the past, don't dwell on that kiss. Everything that went wrong in the past should just motivate you to make things better now.

It comes down to whether you can trust her or not. She was (seemingly) honest. I hope it doesn't turn out she's lying about how it happened.

Well, I agree. If it was ONLY a kiss then...fine. Still sucks but it is what it is.

However, cheaters that confess usually only tell you the bare minimum of what happened to make it seem not as bad as what TRUELY happened.

You said that other people were there. Ask them about it. But, trip them up. Ask them, "Hey, Me and the girlfriend are trying to work things out. But, I need to know about the night she made out with this other guy. Did she know him?" Making out and getting a quick kiss are two entirely different things now aren't they......

If they're forthcoming with information, they're probably under the assumption that she told you EVERYTHING. You could even push the envelope and ask, "And how long did they leave the club for?"