uncomfortable situation

So this is the best place my situation would fit.

Hi - I'm new :)

So I met this guy online about a month ago and here is the back story.

He just got out of a long relationship that he describes as 'emotionally abusive' to him. They have a two year old son so she is still around (not that this is an issue at all). He has told me he was very frustrated and was very upfront since the beginning about not wanting to get involved in a serious relationship though he thinks I'm the kind of girl he would want to have a serious relationship with - just not now.

We did not sleep together (his idea) and have agreed to randomly talk and hang out and see how it plans out. It,s clear we are attracted to each other and we both see a future for us as a couple - just not immediately - which is fine by me since I wouldn't want to date him as I think he is clearly on the rebound.

This has all been talked out and fine. I figure I can only let him go and if he doesn't come back he was never mine to begin with...

However, there is one little detail that annoys the crap out of me. He is on a dating site (it's actually how we met) and once told me «I just want to meet people and have fun. Dating is fun.»

He still connects to the site and told me he wasn't planning on removing it for now - to which I said I wasn't planning on telling him he should remove it either.

I have no reason to believe he is lying to me as he's been honest and upfront since the beginning.

He also swore on his son's head he didn't want to date me now because he thought it would ruin all chances of us ever being together later...

Sooooooo why is it bothering me that much he is on a dating site? I am not his girlfriend. I have no reason to be worried seeing as I trust whatever happens from now on will be the best for him and for me.

I am definitely not the jealous type so any ideas on why I'm sticking to this one little detail so much?

aaargh!

Don't be a buffoon - don't trust this online guy. This guy seems smart to be giving you what is most likely the trickle truth, i.e. telling you enough that it makes him look good, holding back enough so that you won't run. Either way, you are the fool here for even believing that he's only after you. Get it in your head: he's still surfing the site because he's looking at or interacting with other women telling them the same BS story.

P.S. Swearing on anyone's head doesn't mean they are telling the truth.

Tell him to look you up when he's ready for something serious. Only someone with an overwhelming sense of entitlement would expect you to wait around for him to sort out his emotional issues. Don't indulge his ego by sticking around, it won't get better.

• Like 1