Brother & Sister acting normal.............?

Dulce_Angel_Whispers

Can you tell me if this sounds like a normal thing for a guy to say to his sister:

"Oh now since you have a man (actually a husband) you won't love me the same (like a son anymore) you won't take care of me, I think you're going to forget about me now."

Ok now the situation:

My b/f is from Mexico and has been here 4 years, he has a big family but most of them are still there (4 sisters all younger, 2 bros but one is here) he was close to all of them but one in particular that "took care" of him when he had a drinking problem. He wouldn't let her out of his sight, got mad when she wanted to go talk to boys, used to have her cook, clean, and run his bath water for him. (Even help him dress himself when he was 2 drunk to do so). Now he has been sober for the 4 years he has been here and still talks about her a lot, (which is normal because the whole family is close) but then he told me he said what I quoted above and I kind of had to wonder if maybe this was innappropriate or did I misunderstand and is it perfectly normal? Oh yeah another thing he didn't want to tell her about me at first and now that she is coming to a state nearby later this month he acts like he is hesitating about me meeting her. Some opinions please......

tattoomytoe

i say dig a little deeper....maybe she is a half sister, far cousin that is soo much like a sister that is what the family calls her, or a really good friend.

it is a little odd, sounds as if he is taken with her, and may have an attraction to her. But look at angelina jeoly(sp) and her bro, they were all over each other and tounge kissed! read flower in the attic....prime examples.

But yeah it sounds freaky to me!

Dulce_Angel_Whispers

They are bro/sis full blooded same mom and dad. Eeeww I have thought of the possibility they might have fooled around before and I hope that's not the case but since I am close to the situation outside perception always helps a lot! :)

Dulce_Angel_Whispers

But I guess no one can really know except the two of them...it's frustrating because it is something that could end our relationship I don't want to be with someone who could have slept with his sister or has feelings other than normal feelings of sibilings!

I just would like to know if I'm over-reacting!

He wouldn't let her out of his sight, got mad when she wanted to go talk to boys, used to have her cook, clean, and run his bath water for him.
Just that much is enough to make me lose interest in a guy. Whether it's his sister or his wife or anyone, that is so controlling!

He obviously thinks that she is his possession to boss around and dictate. Maybe he extends that over sexually, too, who knows? I wouldn't get serious about a guy that did that to *anyone*. I am no one's little bitch.

virginia70065

Okay, it might just be something simple like this:

I am a second-generation hispanic. In our family, like it or not, the men are catered to. Our dad and two brothers were served hand and foot. Yeah, we could have spoiled them for other women but that's just how our society is. I was the househeld feminist and was always trying to rebel about doing stuff for them (well against my brothers, not my Dad) and I would always say "When I get married, no way am I marrying some Spanish guy! I'm not going to be his maid!" My mom would just laugh. (Guess what--with my second husband, I married a Spanish guy, which I did wait on hand and foot) :o And with Mexican people, this is DEFINITELY the tradition. I know it doesn't sound fair, and I know I'll get a lot of howling against it, but you don't buck tradition easily.

Some brothers do tend to get jealous, very protective of their sisters' "honor" and it has nothing to do with something vulgar. My brothers were practically my bodyguards when my first husband started acting stupid and abusive towards me. They did it out of love and protection. When they found out that he was hitting me, they practically chased him out of the neighborhood. I am not kidding, I'll never forget seeing that coward running like the demons of hell were at his heels, my brothers chasing him and yelling for him to come hit a man instead of a woman like he did with me. I thank God that they never caught up with him, because I wouldn't have wanted my brothers to get into any trouble over THAT idiot.

My two brothers grew up to good husbands and great fathers--strong men who support their families and treat their wives like queens. They have years of respect for the women around them who made their lives easier. While this may not sit well with American society, the men of the family gets used to this treatment. And I think that's the case with this guy. It's nothing incestous. He got used to his sister doing stuff for him, like my brothers (those lazy bums).

But now, if we are at a family function, or something like that, one of my brothers will look over at me when I'm at the buffet table or something with that "Pleeeeeeease bring me a plate" look in their eyes, and I say: "Hey, sucker come get it yourself!" :laugh: