Hi, I'm new here. I'm 17 and my boyfriend is 19. I met him online and we just clicked. We found out we only lived a few doors down and started seeing eachother. To make a long story short, we were talking about religions and such. I am a serious catholic and he is an atheist. When we first met, he told me he was agnostic. I just found out he was atheist when he asked me for my honest opinion on them. I gave it to him, telling him I didn't understand them and that I thought it was silly they didn't believe in God since IMO, science does prove that there is a God (this is MY opinion. I don't mean to offend anyone.) He started getting all angry at me, bashing Christians and such and then we just stopped talking. I tried contacting him, apologizing and saying that i didn't care he was an atheist and that I'm willing to work with him if he's willing to do the same. If he's not, then we're done. he messaged me back saying, "I don't want to end this. Something happened at work." He told me he didn't want to talk about it. i didn't press him any further but while he was online, I apologized again and he still didn't respond. Later, my friend told me she was on okcupid.com and he was still active on there and started to message her and flirt. He doesn't know we're friends. We haven't introduced friends just yet. Anyway, should I just move on? I really like him...but it just seems like he's not interested in talking, he's just interested in talking to her. Thank you for reading! This is basically my first relationship. I haven't really been into the whole dating thing until I met him so I'm very new to this.

Cutiepie1976
...I apologized again and he still didn't respond. Later, my friend told me she was on okcupid.com and he was still active on there and started to message her and flirt. He doesn't know we're friends. We haven't introduced friends just yet. Anyway, should I just move on? I really like him...but it just seems like he's not interested in talking, he's just interested in talking to her. Thank you for reading! This is basically my first relationship. I haven't really been into the whole dating thing until I met him so I'm very new to this.

Difficult though it may be for you, please move on. He has no real emotional investment in your relationship. Even if he comes back to you, he won't respect you enough to be faithful.

I would send a brief text saying: Clearly this isn't working out. All the best in meeting someone new.

Then get back out there when you feel ready and start dating others...

nonameforme
Hi, I'm new here. I'm 17 and my boyfriend is 19. I met him online and we just clicked. We found out we only lived a few doors down and started seeing eachother. To make a long story short, we were talking about religions and such. I am a serious catholic and he is an atheist. When we first met, he told me he was agnostic. I just found out he was atheist when he asked me for my honest opinion on them. I gave it to him, telling him I didn't understand them and that I thought it was silly they didn't believe in God since IMO, science does prove that there is a God (this is MY opinion. I don't mean to offend anyone.) He started getting all angry at me, bashing Christians and such and then we just stopped talking. I tried contacting him, apologizing and saying that i didn't care he was an atheist and that I'm willing to work with him if he's willing to do the same. If he's not, then we're done. he messaged me back saying, "I don't want to end this. Something happened at work." He told me he didn't want to talk about it. i didn't press him any further but while he was online, I apologized again and he still didn't respond. Later, my friend told me she was on okcupid.com and he was still active on there and started to message her and flirt. He doesn't know we're friends. We haven't introduced friends just yet. Anyway, should I just move on? I really like him...but it just seems like he's not interested in talking, he's just interested in talking to her. Thank you for reading! This is basically my first relationship. I haven't really been into the whole dating thing until I met him so I'm very new to this.

I would move on and put this guy in your past. Not because of your religious differences (I know a lot of very nice people who are agnostic/atheist) but because he sounds like an immature jerk, and those come in all religions and non-religions. You can do better than that-- his loss. Maybe next time he won't take out his "bad day at work" with a girl who likes him and say he doesn't want it to end while he's flirting with her friend on a dating website.

There are a lot of nice guys out there. Don't waste your energy on this one.

Oh to be 17 yrs old again. . . knowing what I know now, I could have avoided a few really terrible relationships with jerks who weren't worth my energy! It's just not worth the trouble, especially if he's acting this way this quickly into your relationship--major red flags.

Best of luck to you!

This is a good lesson to learn when you are young--his actions suck and therefore you should walk and not look back. How could you ever trust a guy you are dating who is actively flirting with/hitting on other girls? Keep your self-respect in tact and just be done with him, don't allow someone to treat you that way.

• Like 1