I'm so conflicted about this:

I dated a girl for a month. Every time I dropped her off at her flat in the Uni, we stood outside for a bit before I said goodnight and walked back to my place.

I was not sure how the relationship was going, as she was a hard one to read, but every time a girl from our school walked out of the building she'll ask me if I knew her. Or if I would mention or hint at a girl I knew, she would get all defensive and ask a bunch of questions. I went to the States with some friends for a week, and couldn't speak to her, and she asked me, slowly, as if she knew she might sound jealous. who the girls I was going with were. Figured it was jealousy at the time, but then out of the blue she broke it off with me, saying she didn't see a future.

I thought we got on well, but I guess she didn't.

How could she have been jealous if she was never into the relationship in the first place?

• Author

But then why the jealousy? If you're not into the relationship, why show any big emotions?

I can understand we had fun together, but if I knew the relationship wasn't going to work, I wouldn't feel so emotionally invested in it

She probably thought tht you weren't into her.

You kept dropping her off at her place and then going off...?

What about kisses?

making out?

Romance?

"I really like you......"?

"Are we an item?"

How far did you contribute to making this relationship progress beyond, pick up, go out, drop off, go home....?

• Author

TaraMaiden - I actually just read your new rules on NC yesterday morning. Helped put some things into perspective.

We stood outside of her place for maybe a half hour each time just talking. The last time it seemed like she didn't want me to leave, and I didn't want to either. But, it was 11:30pm, she had to set up a birthday party for her roommate in her flat for 12:00am.

I come from a more reserved religion (I'm Jewish) - so touching isn't as prominent in the early stages of dating, and some don't touch at all until marriage. I bought her a gift that reminded me of her when I was away. Her cousin/my friend set us up. I didn't want to smother her, so I didn't text her or call her so much in the early dating stages. It was mostly just to talk and then set up the next date. However, after our fourth time going out, I asked her if we could become exclusive and not have to keep going through the middleman of her cousin. She responded that she was completely over that already and wanted to date exclusively. Soon after that, however, it just ended saying she didn't see a future.

She was the first girl I dated that I truly liked and saw potential in, so the hurt was pretty prominent, despite our short time together.