Why does my cheating ex keep messaging me?

We broke up in April after I discovered the truth about her cheating ways (she left me rather than admit it and everything came out about 2 weeks later). Since then she has messaged me a few times a month enquiring about my well being and once even attempted a half baked apology in a brief conversation we had (which I utterly rejected).

While I have moved on and am now seeing someone else, I find it puzzling that someone who could so easily cast our relationship aside and caused me such emotional pain would even attempt to maintain contact.

When she messages me it brings back a lot of unpleasant memories and I sincerely hope she will stop some day.

Why does she do this? And should I tell her in no uncertain terms that I never want to hear from her again?

She probably got dumped by OM and wants to get back to what she had. In addition, the fact that you moved on and have a girlfriend is killing her.

The next time she texts simply respond asking her to stop sending you messages because it is disrespectful to your girlfriend who you care for very much.

• Author
She probably got dumped by OM and wants to get back to what she had.

Oddly enough she didn't leave me for another man, she left me because she was unable to admit to her previous indiscretions (her best friends really told me a lot and it seems they liked me a lot more than her)

That said I probably will be telling her to F off though in a much more polite way

We broke up in April after I discovered the truth about her cheating ways (she left me rather than admit it and everything came out about 2 weeks later). Since then she has messaged me a few times a month enquiring about my well being and once even attempted a half baked apology in a brief conversation we had (which I utterly rejected).

While I have moved on and am now seeing someone else, I find it puzzling that someone who could so easily cast our relationship aside and caused me such emotional pain would even attempt to maintain contact.

When she messages me it brings back a lot of unpleasant memories and I sincerely hope she will stop some day.

Why does she do this? And should I tell her in no uncertain terms that I never want to hear from her again?

She does it because she lost you and can't have you.

You need to tell her that she is not to text you again, or better yet, block her. Because its not respectful or fair to your current girlfriend. And you need to tell her that.

What everyone here is telling you:

She probably wants validation (You not thinking bad of her), want you back, because she can't have you etc.

I don't think she wants you back because she would (and probably need to) put more effort in it, then some texting.