Tempted to cheat after being cheated on and forgave, but never go through with it

I have been with my girlfriend for a couple of years now, but after the first year she cheated on me but we worked it out and now we are a lot closer and I trust her. But there's a catch. Every since she cheated on me, even after all this time, I have these strong urges to sleep with other women I'm attracted to. I come close to cheating but I never go through with it. I love my girlfriend very very much, but I have these urges and Im tempted. What do you all think? What do you all think I should do?

Originally posted by mgls

I love my girlfriend very very much, but I have these urges and Im tempted. What do you all think? What do you all think I should do?

This is a non-question, right?

Uhh... don't cheat on her. Best advice I can give you. Stop putting yourself in situations where you're tempted.

If you don't want your girlfriend to go through the same pain you did, don't cheat. Don't get too friendly with girls you find sexually attractive.

You might think that revenge sex will be a satisfying experience, but in the long run it will just mess up your relationship.

bittersweet

By giving her the second chance, part of you must feel like she deserves to suffer the same way you did. Today I posted a topic on my B/f who was cheating for the past three months. Staying with someone who cheats puts you in a wacky state- I'm afraid I'll feel the same way you do some day but I would never go through with it because then each of us cheating will become a pattern of, "well, you did it." Hopefully she regrets what she did and I'm sure she is afarid of something like that happening because in the long-run, no matter what mistakes you make, they will fall back to the fact that she cheated on you first. That's NOT a relationship under any circumstances! Good Luck!

• Author
Originally posted by mgls

I have been with my girlfriend for a couple of years now, but after the first year she cheated on me but we worked it out and now we are a lot closer and I trust her. But there's a catch. Every since she cheated on me, even after all this time, I have these strong urges to sleep with other women I'm attracted to. I come close to cheating but I never go through with it. I love my girlfriend very very much, but I have these urges and Im tempted. What do you all think? What do you all think I should do?

So I shouldnt go through with and keep it all to myself...!?! :confused:

Fedup&givingup

I SWEAR my husband has cheated on me, although he lays claim to not having done so...it's a difficult thing to deal with.

Believe you me, I have had several opportunities to cheat right back on him, and my anguish for him has almost allowed me to do it. I have not, and I will not. Not doing it has made ME the better person, and it's made me stronger. Personally, I don't think I could just go and have sex with someone, casually.

I agree with the other poster that said to keep yourself clear of women that you are sexually attracted to. If your girlfriend was big enough to confess what she did, then move on. I know that sounds very non chalent, but seriously...refrain from putting yourself in the situation. You are just asking for trouble, and you are risking putting another nail in your relationship.