Coworker crushes & jealous girl. What do I do?

WishOnStars

Ok, so I have a crush on a VERY shy (and younger) guy at my work. We have been flirting for months and ive had to make all the initiations- which was hard for me because im use to guys coming on to me. We have never admitted to eachother that we are crushing on eachother but our eyes and smiles say it all. He tells me he has a long distance relationship and its been a little shakey. So i invite him over 3 times- first was casual chit chat, second we didnt even kiss but he stayed the night with me, the third he declined. Now, for days after he stayed with me he was so sweet but then one day he was stand offish and hasnt flirted or made much eyecontact. But he still smiles and asks how i am blah blah. WHAT HAPPENED? did i come on too strong at work? does he need time and space to think about his feelings about me or his so called gf? Now heres another catch- and this is where i feel FRUSTRATION and hurt feelings. We work with a girl that looks like barbie with a booty and all the guys like her. However shes dumb as a box of rocks(im not just being mean). im attractive for sure, i have a great personality, very humorous, open-minded, and real. She is is none of the above. She gets all weird because she is use to all the guys paying attention to her but they all love to chit chat with me because im funny and outgoing. A few days after my crush had kinda backed off, it got worse- she told everyone she is now single. All the guys are acting like shes in heat! I only care about my crushs reactions. He of course thinks she hot. But now that her bf dumped her she needs an ego stroke as usual so i have caught her giving him flirty eyes. I think she also does it because she can tell im digging my crush and she wants the attention- like a 'she wins' deal.

I dont know what to do: tell him i like him and that she doesnt? tell her not to flirt with my crush? i cant sit back and do nothing because it burns inside when i see any of this going on. what do i do? i know guys flirt and chase girls but im worried her false flirting will cause him to forget who i am!

january2011

Walk away from this mess.

He has no problem cheating on his LDR girlfriend - he'll have no problem 'cheating' on you. You don't own him. You're not even his girlfriend. Nor do you have any power over this other co-worker.

• Author
WishOnStars

i have thought about the cheating concept- i guess i had just hoped that with all the chemistery i swear was mutual that he would be different with me.

i feel like atleast telling him how i feel would bring some closure. after all, we work alot together.

i dont want to sound mean because im not- but technically that girl is weak and im not. she knows that. if i told her to back off because im interested- she would.

does anyone have any theories as to why he shyed away?

• Author
WishOnStars

ive decided against telling her to back off. because if he found out that might piss him off and make him think im a crazy chick.

Consider making it a rule of thumb to not mix business with pleasure.

Don't date people you have to work with. It usually doesn't bode well.

I've said it before and i'll say it again :

- if he'll cheat with you, he will cheat on you

- animals at the zoo know better than to **** where they eat (take the hint)