Signs Of Interest

DENTALASSISTANT

[color=blue][/color] What are some signs that someone is hitting on you or that they are interested in having an affair?

Exactly. In another thread you've said yourself that the dentist flirts with you and gives you signs. Take the inititive.

• Author
DENTALASSISTANT

I know you all think I am crazy..understandable..you know though I really love my job and my co-workers and I guess I just keeping hoping that I am reading it all wrong and it will all pass. I really am not fetching for anything..I just don't want it to be like that.

Unfortunately, it is what it is. His behaviour is inappropriate. I'm not exactly sure if you think that asking the question many different ways will get you different answers. I'll save you time - it won't. The guy is after your booty. It's clear to this bunch of strangers from all you've told us.

I did - it's obvious. Don't kid yourself that this lad isn't after you. Just think carefully about what you want to do.

Thanks, DentalAssistant, for your advice to me on another post ("coffee date"). Hope I can answer your question here by telling you that there are some excellent websites on emotional affairs, which I think you are involved in. Type in "emotional affairs" at google.com and you will see all the signs (warning signs, actuallly) of being hit on with an emotional affair. It sounds like your dentist dude is engaging in an emotional affair with you, by calling so often, crossing the personal boundaries, yet also retaining his relationship with his wife. I went down that same road, and these web sites helped me realize what was going on and why I should get out. Now that I am out of it (I put my foot down with him months ago) I feel so much stronger and in control. Being free of his emotional ties over me also freed me up, by the way, to pursue a more legitimate relationship with a guy who is available (like the guy I had coffee with today!! Yippee!!) In your case, being free from his emotional manipulations will help you focus on your own marriage (whether you stay in or bail). Good luck!

• Author
DENTALASSISTANT

It is very interesting because his wife did come in today..she was there maybe 5 minutes and left..what really bothers me is now a co-worker thinks something funny was going on..which tickling someone while there trying to brush there teeth is a odd way to hit on someone, but I kept grabbing his hand to push him away and he just kept at it.

He's not going to stop. You can threaten him with harrassment, but then you'll not likely keep your job. Fortunately, the market for DAs is pretty good. I'd start looking now, if I were you.

• Author
DENTALASSISTANT

I am sure his wife wouldn't be real thrilled with all of this...what would happen if I played along...I won't, but if I did and starting sleeping with him..do you think he would eventually stop or would I have to stop and get fired.....whats worse is my parents are good friends with almost every doctor in town...will I be able to get another job?

There is no way that sleeping with this guy will fix or stop anything. It would be THE dumbest thing you could possibly do. Of course you'd have trouble in town - just wait until the dentists' wives get wind of it. No, you would not get another job. Wake up, kiddo. You are headed for no end of trouble. The only option is to quit.

• Author
DENTALASSISTANT

I won't sleep with him...I was just talking out loud..I hear you loud and clear..I am a little scared to find out what he is going to try next..is there a pattern to this?

Yes, there is a pattern. I must admit I am surprised at your confusion. Jester and moimeme and many others have explained very clearly to you exactly what is going on. You are being set up for a roll in the hay by an experienced MM player. You'd be safer picking a guy up at a bar! Not that I would recommend it, but at least your job wouldn't be at risk.

You know, I remember that I was as naive as you appear, but that was when I was about 15! You're in your mid-20s, yes? This man is compromising you. He's already made you look like a fool in the bathroom with his tickles. Next time he'll back you into a corner and stick his hand up your dress or his tongue down your throat. A coworker will see the two of you and then guess what? You're a slut sleeping your way to a $3/hr raise. And your employability will not be improved by this, sad to say.

Look...forget the dentist...forget your husband...just go find a new job. Now. I mean it. Reading these posts is like watching a toddler playing on the interstate.