woman viewing me on Linkedin..husbands mistress?

Please calm my fears:

I noticed that this woman was looking at my profile on Linkedin and did not know her. I noticed that she lives in a town 5 hours away from me. Then noticed she is in same industry as husband.. hmmm?

Asked husband if he recognized name, he said yes I have to see her when I go to that town on business. Then later told me he has only seen her about 3 or 4 times for business and has no clue why she would look me up. (change of story)

So my husband travels up there every other week for business for a few days...always has drinks and dinners (not uncommon for his job)

Btw husband and I do have an infidelity past.

Ladies we are all stalkers at some point.... but think about the times you yourself have stalked. Okay maybe she is not stalking.. but still.

Should I investigate this further?

Edited by drama6
Please calm my fears:

I noticed that this woman was looking at my profile on Linkedin and did not know her. I noticed that she lives in a town 5 hours away from me. Then noticed she is in same industry as husband.. hmmm?

Asked husband if he recognized name, he said yes I have to see her when I go to that town on business. Then later told me he has only seen her about 3 or 4 times for business and has no clue why she would look me up. (change of story)

So my husband travels up there every other week for business for a few days...always has drinks and dinners (not uncommon for his job)

Btw husband and I do have an infidelity past.

Ladies we are all stalkers at some point.... but think about the times you yourself have stalked. Okay maybe she is not stalking.. but still.

Should I investigate this further?

Tough to say. Isn't linked in a way for professionals to connect? Could she just be looking to connect for professional reasons?

If you have infidelity issues than I can see why you do not trust and always feel you have to check everything out. I would say go with your instincts.

Every once in a while, when I can't sleep, I'm in between books, and the mood strikes, I'll idly browse around on FB and/or LinkedIn. Sometimes I look up people I only know peripherally, through an old job or my husband's work or my chorus/book club/the gym, my son's pre-school teachers, whatever. Out of curiosity, I've looked up people's spouses or children. I usually don't see much of note, I just have an abundance of curiosity in general and I'm interested in the construction of other people's lives, the worlds they have built for themselves.

Of course, given the history of infidelity in your marriage your suspicion could be warranted. Nobody here is going to be able to tell you the truth of that, one way or the other.