Moving on, Difficult but the reality

hurtingandconfused

I am thankful for all those who helped me with advice regarding my recent breakup. No we have not gotten back togther. I do not know what the future will bring, however I do have a life to live. It was not my decision whether I still wanted to maintain or try to fix our problems that we had. My ex made that difficult decision and I respect her for being a strong woman. We were too young and we went too fast; she was a wonderful experience and I do not regret what we did or had. I am still in love with her, but nothing that I could do will change her mind. I have accepted the fact that she will never return to me again. She knows that I have my heart open for her, but the reality is that she will not return. I have started to go out with friends to parties...clubs...and we are going down south of the border to party. I would rather be with my ex than to go party, however; I will have to make my life better by accepting the facts and try to have fun on my own. Thanks again for all the advice, especially about sending that letter I wrote. I know that I would have regreted sending it...I am looking for women I could talk to(not to replace the ex-could never be done) :( or get to know, but it is difficult because all I do is compare them to my ex. I know that I am not ready for a relationship, but I want to make girlfriends'(friendship wise), yet I fear rejection...Hrmm other than drinking...How do you become brave again?=)

Cut way back on the drinkin, it just makes you sleepy and gives you a gut.

You'll feel better if you start thinking about things outside yourself. Why don't you go help out homeless men or animals at the Humane Society? Seriously.

• Author
hurtingandconfused

Actually I have volunteered at the probation department...it will be a benefit for me as well for the people i will try to help. Anyhow, most (not all) people who are homeless are lazy, they dont need help they need self motivation.(that would be a different topic) My point was that it is hard for me to meet new people because I feel a little guilty about meeting new people(eventhough I was dumped)...anyway I could overcome this fear of rejection/guilt/ and being too picky about women??