inner thigh bruise

SouthernSunshine

My brother's wife has a big bruise on the inner part of her thigh...only on one side...but it looks kind of like a hand print... Without the palm. He told me he was abt to get intimate with her, and saw the bruise when she spread her legs. He said she was surprised when he asked her what happened, because she didn know it was there. She told him that she must have gotten it from work... (shes a manager @ restaurant)..

I told my brother it seems odd. He thinks im just paranoid because ive been cheated on, and not everybody cheats.

I've had those kind of bruises both from sex and from just ordinary moving about/ bumping into things etc. So it could be either from my POV.

I agree with Denise. If there are other warning signs there, it might add up. If there aren't, then I wouldn't worry. I bruise easily and get those type of bruises all the time.

Unless you catch your brothers wife in bed with another man stay out of it!

It's most likely innocent & the last thing any marriage needs is a third parties insecurities & suspicions.

Well.....as others have said this could be nothing and also you shouldn't get too tied up in this. But I would imagine since he told you he may have fears/suspicions of his own.

The one thing that jumps out to me is that bruises of that type don't regularly occur there (inner thigh) not being related to intimacy and the fact that it looks like a hand print would mean, in theory, that she somehow either slapped herself in some way on her inner thigh at work at the resteraunt or someone else did and I can't think of what someone else could do or even herself for that matter, that she wouldn't remember if it caused a hand print style bruise....working at a resteraunt.

Even just "Oh yeah...I ran into this/that" would come to mind if it caused that type of bruise.

So this is on some level a 'flag'. Should it be blown out of proportion? Not yet I don't think but maybe your brother should have his eyes open a little wider just in case.

• Author
SouthernSunshine

I have stepped back & shut my mouth... but today, my brother tells me she has new bruises on the right butt cheek now. He saw them while she was getting undressed 2 shower. He said he walked in to brush his teeth, because shes been closing the bathroom door alot more lately. He says shes been taking her cell phone to the bathroom too...but she texts him whole she sits on toilet. Lol

the last thing any marriage needs is a third parties insecurities & suspicions.

Listen to the old guy.. he knows his stuff... and he is 100% right..

Butt out of your brothers marriage..if he tells you something he shouldn't then just blow it off WITHOUT offering your opinion..

loversquarrel

your last post raises a huge flag of suspicion....bringing the cell phone in the bathroom with her??? Yep - she's effin around.

From what you have said his wife is cheating.

Now the next time your B mentions his W ask him what is his gut saying to him? Does he think those things are wrong?

Tell him about red flags, not one mark, but more marks appearing, never leaving the cell from her side.

If he suspects then he needs to gather intelligence without reacting.

Just so you know, there is a relatively common blood disease which makes people bruise very easily called ITP. I have it, and as a consequence I'm pretty much always bruised and I don't even know how the marks got there. When I was diagnosed, the doctor said I had probably had it for a long time without knowing (there are no other symptoms than bruising/ that bleedings take longer time to stop than normal unless your platelet count is extremely low).

your last post raises a huge flag of suspicion....bringing the cell phone in the bathroom with her??? Yep - she's effin around.

I hate to say it but I agree, huge red flag.

My XW did that to me and so did my girlfriend when she cheated on me.

Never a good sign. I remember my GF never shut the door to the bathroom. Ever. We were that comfortable with each other. Seriously!

Then one morning she gets up early on her day off and gets all dolled up to "return some library book". Yeah right! I knew something was up so I tell her Im going with her. She runs off into the bathroom in panic mode and starts texting him. I come in there and she has the door shut and complains about her privacy. What Privacy?!?

Turns out she accidentally sent the text meant for him to ME. I am not making this crap up. It was her STBX she was trying to hook up with. She confessed and said they were just going to talk about the divorce. Truth is she never persued the divorce and left it hanging for six months while she lived with me. AFAIK she could have been screwing him the whole time and was just using me for a place to stay for her and her kid. Needless to say, I told her to start packing her things since she wanted to "work things out" with him.

Sorry for the highjack but this all brings back some ugly memories for me.

I bruise so easily. I've worked in retail over the years and I'd come home with bruises after a day of putting out stock on the floor in the strangest places.

A bruise does not equal an affair.

Unless there are other big red flags I would let this one slide. I bruise so easily and half the time I can't tell you where they came from. I also work out a lot and play sports so I have gotten bruises on my inner thighs from hitting myself on a piece of equipment or getting hit with a ball or something. This could be nothing if there are no other glaring signs.

• Author
SouthernSunshine

My brother called me first thing this morning with new info. He believes she is cheating. :( He told me that yesterday she received a phone call from a guy she works with & talks about (just a friend).. so my brother tells her to put him on speaker phone.

The guy says... "Hey girl, you're not working this weekend, right? Not saturday or sunday"? ... She replies... "No, I'm off"... He then asks... "What time will you be in tomorrow"? She says... "They'll be another shift there before mine starts"... Then the guy says.. "No, what time will YOU be there"? She says, "I get there at 8:30". He says... "Ok, that's all i needed to know.."..

He's a maintenance worker. She says he doesn't want to deal with the other workers there regarding the machines because they are idiots.

I told my brother, her story is plausible.

Yeah, the bruises alone don't mean anything. I've had bruises like that before. I'm a yoga teacher and contort my body in crazy positions all the time. My elbow might dig into my thigh in a balancing pose. No big deal.

But when my (ex) boyfriend saw a bruise and accused me of cheating, I was in shock! Wow, his mind moved there in a split second. Didn't even ask me about it. There were NO changes in my behavior, and no cheating going on. His ex wife had cheated, so that's where it came from.

Still, I would always trust a gut feeling about cheating. Bringing the phone into the bathroom is strange (if not done before.)

If your brother isn't generally a suspicious person, then he may be onto something. He might want to check her phone or watch her. Maybe even follow her one day. I'd want to know.

How many bruises is she getting? I would think if she was innocent, she would be surprised at the bruises, thinking out loud and saying "what the hell? Where did I get that? Oh, I must have gotten that playing tennis."

Eyes open for a while. Jury still out.

• Author
SouthernSunshine

Her conversation with the guy did not discuss the machines, work, or what he needed to work on. They didn't discus any issues, or reasons why he wanted to see her.

I honestly doubt she would have even agreed to put the guy on speaker if she was cheating with him.

It sounds plausible to me, too. If I were him, I would check her phone records and take note of a number that is getting a high volume of calls and texts, especially morning and late night.

But, if they had already talked about the machines, then it would be understood, and not mentioned.

It would have been more suspicious if she had warned the guy in some way, as in, "Oh, I've got you on speaker."

Or, if he had said, "I can't wait to see you."

HeartBrokeFool

First, I can tell you that you shouldn't mess with your brother's relationship based on suspicion...However, you can read the start of my thread on the infidelity forum to understand part of this. My wife also had a huge bruise as high as you could get on her inner thigh. I asked about it and she told me a co-worker had joking reached over and grabbed her leg while they were at a bar. The bruise showed up the same day my wife had been screwing the OM. Although I didn't know for sure she had been screwing anyone until 6 1/2 years later. If you've already talked to your brother you need to tell him to just keep his eyes open for other signs. If it truly happened under acceptable circumstances, it would be terrible to strain their relationship over it.

RecordProducer
Unless you catch your brothers wife in bed with another man stay out of it!

It's most likely innocent & the last thing any marriage needs is a third parties insecurities & suspicions.

I agree you should stay out of this even if it turns out she's cheating. You can listen to your brother and carefully offer general advice, but do not interfere or fule his suspicions. They might decide to stay together even if she's cheating and if you come forward against her, you'll be the one thrown out of the picture later. No matter what seems right to you, it's their marriage and you have no say. My ex-brother-in-law went against me (for no reason at all) and my ex-husband ditched him. He and I got divorced but the two brothers never repaired their relationship.

This is a situation where you don't want to have the last word... with your brother, ever.

loversquarrel
I bruise so easily. I've worked in retail over the years and I'd come home with bruises after a day of putting out stock on the floor in the strangest places.

A bruise does not equal an affair.

Do you also have a condition that causes you to go to the bathroom and use your cell phone when your s.o. is around??? You all have to get off the effin bruise already, that's nothing in comparison to USING THE CELL PHONE IN THE BATHROOM WHEN HUBBY IS AROUND....

A cell in a locked bathroom when hubby is around does.

This drives my H crazy, but I take my cell into the bathroom when I am feeling the need to, um, poo. I play a lot of Sudoku on it, and I play while I am sitting there on the john. Granted, I am usually muttering, '4,6,9, so that must mean a 5 is there and no 3 goes there.' He can come in any time he wants.

I also soak in the tub and play Sudoku. And I can soak for around 30 minutes. He can't get in that bathroom, because of the door lock. (100+ year old house and the lockset needs to be replaced or repaired, so there is just a thumblatch on the door. If I don't lock it, then the door won't stay closed.)

(I read somewhere that the ability to complete a Sudoku puzzle is an indicator that one doesn't have dementia. I am a bit paranoid over that!)

RecordProducer
He says shes been taking her cell phone to the bathroom too...but she texts him whole she sits on toilet. Lol
Did anyone notice this sentence?

She texts her husband while she is on the toilet!!!!!