Crossing that friendship line or ruining it?

Looking for some honest advice please! I have have been friends with a guy for years. He divorced about a year ago and has started visiting me at my place of work frequently. We have have always flirted with each other but nothing more.

I was talking about going on a small trip sometime and he suggests that I pick the place and we will go. I was excited and curious if he would invite mutual friends. He did not and away we go.

It was awkward at times, but fun. I saw it as an opportunity to get to know each other without outside influences and mistakenly interpreted the tension as interest and uncertainty on how to cross that line. He would try to pay for things, was always opening doors...which was strange but it was I havery nice to have have someone make the decisions for once. I am so independent, maybe too much and it was really nice.

We spent the night, nothing happened. Neither of us tried. We left the next afternoon and on the way home I knew he was not going to come around me anymore. I tried to start conversations about anything, nothing heavy. Just to fill the space. It was awkward and confusing. I saw him one time since and he barely spoke to me. I am just floored. I do not know what I did. He has not told anyone he went on a trip with me which makes me feel like I am a source of embarrassment for him.

I wonder if being on a trip like that made him miss his wife in some way? I never came on to him in anyway so I don't think he is thinking he has to avoid me because he is uninterested. Maybe he wanted more to happen and feels rejected? I have never been through a divorce so maybe this is a stage? Just wondering before I do anything to make things worse.

Strange Advice Follows....

Maybe you could ask him what the story is??

Just wondering.

Curt

rightaboutnow

it's just one of those things that goes with being in a plutonic relationship

between a man and a woman. I'm a guy, But i know that there are some

women out there that are just flirtatious by nature. I never take to

seriously. I'm actually the hardest guy to convince when it comes to that

kind of stuff. I mean, I worked at a place once where everyone kept telling

me, Hey Jennifer digs you man, she really like you. But i never believed it.

I mean she would flirt with me a little, but i took it with a grain of salt.

People are all different. Some guys will jump on any girl that gives them

a cute smile.

If he's got some issues, don't try and rush into a relationship with him

It may not work out good.