how do you let go of someone who you caught cheating on you.....? :(

for some reason i can't let go of this person. i care for him sooo much. but i know that he'll cheat on me again. he has cheated on his previous girlfriend. to tell you honestly, i still want us to be a part of each others' lives. but i know this is wrong. how do i let go without caring less for him??? do you know what i mean?

am i so blind ?? he cares for me too. but i guess he can't stay committed. as i type this post, i know that i should leave him. but for some reason, i can't... let go....

please help me.

thanks.

You don't really give much background information: how long have you been together? What were the circumstances surrounding the cheating: was it a one-night stand, or was he two-timing you?

I guess it boils down to whether you think this is something that will continue: you seem to think it will. That being the case, you next have to decide if that's something you can tolerate: that doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't think you have to stop the feelings you have for him; feelings don't change just because it's convenient or wise. But sometimes you have to do things that aren't in accordance with your feelings. Like being polite to a coworker you don't like.

Over time you'll probably have more insight as to what it is about this guy appeals so strongly to you, despite the fact that he chated on you. I'm sure he has many good qualities. But they aren't enough when paired with infidelity.