Things were going perfect, then they all crashed!

Since the beginning of the school year I noticed a guy named Paul. Every time I would walk by him I couldnt help but look, then whenever he looked at me...I would just put my head down and sigh.

About a week or two before thanksgiving, my friend Robbie joined the wrestling team. One day while I was talking to Robbie, Paul came up to talk to him. And everytime I would go talk to Robbie, Paul would talk to him, and this went on for the next few days.

Later, I find out that Paul had been noiting me too and really wanted to get to know me. :laugh: So I give him my number and we started to talk on the phone for hours each day. We had so much in common, it was perfect. To my surprise, it seemed like he liked me more than I liked him. He would call me all the time, and tell me how beautiful I was.

I started to talk with my friends at school about Paul and how great he was, and almost all of them told me to watch out, he is a heart breaker, and hes mean to girls. He wasnt mean to me. He was really nice, he even made plans for us to go wake boarding in the summer, go to an Incubus concert, and for me to meet his parents. We had already been on a date, to the movies. It was great, but he told me he was so scared to even hold my hand, haha. :love:

Winter ball was coming up, and he asked me to go. It was really sudden but I managed to get a new dress and a hair apointment just in time. I was so excited because I knew it was going to be great. The night of the dance I was so nervous, and I heard from one of his friends he was too. But at the dance, he kept saying he was tired from wrestling, and he kept leaving to get a drink of water. I didnt know what was going on, but I was upset.

He danced with other girls, :mad: I danced weith other guys, it was really not how I planned it out to be. So I asked him what was the deal between us. He told me he was so busy from wrestling, practice every day till night that he really didnt have any time for a girlfriend. I told him I understood. But I felt so hurt because was acting so wierd I left early and cried all night.

We have had two days of schoo since then, and ever since I act like i dont see him, and he goes along with it. I feel so weird and confused and extremly hurt. I dont know what to think about the situation. :(

• Author

I feel so lost right now , and I cant forget about him. I want to make the winter ball the past and start new.

I know it could be a hard thing when you see someone everyday.

But he is the one lossing out here. Not matter what you are better then that. Try your hardest to just move forward and remember you deserve someone who would die at the chance to be at your side for any occasion.

Guys can be weird, don't ignore him but don't be nice to him. If you see him give him the eye raise whats up and walk away like its nothing to you. As he sees you could careless he is in your life he will hate it and if its mean to be he will reclaim you. Other wise you will find yourself with someone else and will look back at this and say how could I really have liked him.

Just remember you deserve better then that you did nothing wrong.

Good luck

dlb,

It sounds like this boy enjoys your company, but he just isn't ready for a girlfriend yet. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you or that he is wierd. As a matter of fact, I think a young man who focuses on a few other things besides "just being with a girl" grows up to be a better well-rounded guy.

Maybe you should just be his friend and not try to make more of it.

I know it's kinda hard when you like someone to keep your feelings to yourself, but if you do want to keep him as a friend.....that's the best thing to do.

when you say dlb I was giving advice not asking so I am not sure what you where refereing to?

I think that your points are well taken but if she would rather just be involved with him she needs to back off. if she wants a friendship with him then cool but he didn't act every nicely to her at the dance. So I think he was a jerk for that. guys like to play games sometimes when they can get what they want right away the decide they don't want it. Sometimes space and time helps people to realize what the could or had in a person or relationship.

That was all I meant by it.

• Author

I cant believe it. He was lying to me the whole time. Today my best friend told me he was seen with some other girl. It turns out this girl is in MIDDLE SCHOOL , and hes been going out with her the whole time. Its like a slap in the face. I have never been lied to like that. He told me how much he liked me and he didnt have time for a girlfriend. I feel so low right now. I thought I was doing something wrong at the dance. Im starting to talk with other guys, but I dont really have the confidence to move on :( It hurts so bad. And someone so young...how could he?

Guys suck. I know kind of how you feel, guys (particularly one) have f*ckd me around since i was 14. this sounds terrible. i know the sort of sh*t you are feling, and it really hurts dont it. the fact is, lots of guys have been taught or teaching themselves to be lying f*ckrs since they were old enough to converse with older guys, who decide to convey their sexist, using ideas to them. Either that or they reallly are just cheating, using, disgusting MALE SLUTS. DO NOT think of these guys as studs, players, pimps, etc. there are so many guys at my school who think this of themselves. get this attitude in your head, this type of guy is just a skanky, pathetic SLUT, who is so desperate to get female attention that they just lie blatantly so they can be seen as 'playas', probably to live up to their friends most likely. Look down on him, every time you see him dont sigh, raise your upper lip in a sneer, look at him whilst thinking of something yukky, and he'll get the picture that he aint all that. :mad: Hee hee, trust me, im an expert ;)

well, now that ive ranted my bit, ill go. ahem.