[famous actor] looks hot...

Sometimes a woman will comment on famous actor who she thinks is hot. I'm told that this is a jealously tactic though I'm not really sure. I can think at least two examples.

I don't like at men that way, and I wonder if it's a gay test, a jealousy attempt, or if she's just stupid.

I'm not jealous about celebrities or people that aren't even real.

The next time this happens, I'll figure I'll call her on it right there and ask what she's expecting out of me.

Is there a universal answer to what this means?

I don't know Frodo....when I see Gene Hackman or Jack Nicholson....it's real hard for me not to squirm and make some sort of a 'mmmmmmmm' sound......REGARDLESS of who's in the room with me. hahahahaha!

commenting on looks of famous ppl is just fun ... just like checking people out in the street. just because your bf/gf thinks someone else is very attractive, it doesn't mean s/he likes that person (who s/he hasn't even met!!) better than you. so just go along with it... don't make a big deal out of it or you'll look insecure.

-yes

frodo, this is a nit so don't sweat it. But if you really have to say something next time say "Yeah, I know what you mean, but I'd rather go a few rounds with [CELEBRITY WHO SHE OR HE HATES]"

HokeyReligions
Originally posted by Frodo

Sometimes a woman will comment on famous actor who she thinks is hot. I'm told that this is a jealously tactic though I'm not really sure. I can think at least two examples.

I don't like at men that way, and I wonder if it's a gay test, a jealousy attempt, or if she's just stupid.

I'm not jealous about celebrities or people that aren't even real.

The next time this happens, I'll figure I'll call her on it right there and ask what she's expecting out of me.

Is there a universal answer to what this means?

Who told you this is a "jealousy tactic" ??

It doesn't have to "mean" anything. If you comment on a celeb that you think is hot - what does it mean to you? Are you saying it make someone jealous? Are you just commenting? Are you trying to tell someone that they don't compare to the celeb? Or that they should try to look more like the celeb? Does it lessen your feelings for someone?

It doesn't mean that she expects anything either. Instead of "calling her on it" why not just ask her what about them she finds so hot?

• Author

I just told you, I'm not jealous. I really don't understand why they'd bother to say this to me though. sounds like something she'd say to a girlfriend. It's not lot like I can coappreciate with her.

I did try saying, "oh, I like her so much" about some actress who flashed on the screen, and she immediately got insecure. "really? you like that kind?"

I have a huge monster crush on Nicolas Cage. What can I say? My bf knew about it before we went out. It's not a jeously issue, I just think he's hot.

Did she really get insecure or was she just asking if you like that kind of women. I am interested in the types my BF likes and doesn't like. Just simple curiosity.

Frodo,

my girlfriend too once made comments about a certain artist being hot, and I was the only other person there with her too. however, like what everyone here said, don't sweat it! if you look at it another way, you can intepret it as her feeling comfortable talking about just about anything because she knows you wouldn't mind and she's just talking off the top of her head.

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by Callisto

I have a huge monster crush on Nicolas Cage.

Pfffffffffffft ..... hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Uh .... ahem. Sorry! That was ridiculously humorous!

Btw, you need glasses! :p

It just doesn't seem like it would be an issue (i heard you when you said it's not jealousy thing - so if you say it isn't one more time, I swear...), but to even post demonstrates that it obviously bothers you in some way. My middle school/high school boyfriend used to have the biggest crush on Jennifer Love Hewitt. It bothered me, but since then I've grown a lot, and I laugh when I think about how much it did bother me at the time. Maybe it was a jealousy issue in my case, but the point is just this: who cares? It's like when she points out a hot fudge sundae. Would it bother you if she said, "ooh...look at that incredible, yummy, hot fudge sundae...with all that steamy fudge, and that bright red cherry...mmmm." No. So it shouldn't bother you, in any way shape or form, that she mentions hunky actor guys, unless she mentions that she thinks about them when fooling around with you. Just don't react. Or be a jerk about it and make it an issue, whatever.

• Author

come on Mintjulep, swear. I like a challenge. I'm going to do everything you said not to do, just to piss you off. I'm not jealous, I'm confused. Want me to do it again? You need to grow up and not try to start mess.

Anyway, I know for example, that she has a crush on Van Damme. Fine, I don't care, he's not a real person anyway. The object of affection has no bearing. The issue is why discuss such a thing?

Say we're watching tv and Brad Pitt pops up on the screen.

Girl: "He's hot."

It's not like I can agree with her. I see that he has the physical features that women find attractive, but I'm not going to get an erection over it.

Comments are made to elicit a response. If she said something about a cherry sundae, I'd provide my opinion on the sundae. I don't have an opinion on random male actors. I'm not quite sure what kind of response she's expecting.

Tell me what this phrase really means, because noone says things for nothing.

:laugh: You're going to do everything I said not to do to piss me off. Thanks. I was having a kind of slow night. That right there really made my day. I'd just like to point out that I said nothing in there that makes your post make any sense to me. I was offering help, like I said, take it or don't take it. Whatever. Obviously you have problems. Or you wouldn't be so offended by everything and everyone who disagrees with you/looks at hot actors and comments on them.\

I think I'll go make myself a sundae. Thanks for makin' me laugh.