LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

my wife cheated on me before we were married.


Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th June 2011, 1:46 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
my wife cheated on me before we were married.

So my wife and I have been married for only about a month and a half. I just found out last night and today, that about a year ago when we were going through a rough patch, due to myself working so many hours to pay the bills that she had had sex with an ex boyfriend. She said it only happened twice, and that she was so disgusted with herself that she threw up. So why did it happen twice, I asked and she can't explain. I'm still very much in love with her, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to get past this. My first instinct is to tell the guy's what had happened. I feel like she hid it from me to trick me into marriage, so that I wouldn't leave. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you

Last edited by joeshooter; 30th June 2011 at 1:49 PM..
joeshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 2:04 PM   #2
Established Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
Posts: 2,702
The first thing I'd point out is she didn't have to confess this. Why did she? Because you're married now and she didn't want a secret like this between you? Because she was afraid it would be worse if you found out on your own later? What did she say about this?

While it WAS a betrayal, it WAS before you were married. That makes a difference in my mind, but maybe that's a flaw in my character.

Do you love her? Can you get past it? There is no right or wrong answer here (despite what some will tell you). What you don't want to do is rush your decision. On the one hand, someone you love enough to marry doesn't come along every day, and on the other hand, someone else WILL come along eventually, and if this knowledge just makes you absolutely miserable, maybe you need to start looking for that other someone.

Take some time and see how you feel in a few weeks, or a few months. Immediately after finding out about something like this is not the best time to make a decision, your emotions will be very raw for a while. You just got married after all. It would seem sad to throw it away without at least taking some time to make sure that's what you want to do.
reboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 2:24 PM   #3
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,031
She admitted herself?

If so, do you think that she withheld it intentionally to say it after you're married, so you wouldn't have it as easy to leave her ass?
rafallus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 4:04 PM   #4
Established Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,751
JoeShooter - You bring up a great points. She said she was so disgusted with herself for having sex with her ex that she vomited. Yet, she did it twice. If it was so bad then why do it twice? The answer is that she is lying to you about not liking it. If something makes you vomit then who in their right mind would engage in such behavior a second time? It makes no sense.

The both of you need now to get checked for STD's. If she cheated on you when you were dating the chances are pretty good that it will happen again when their is a rough patch in the marriage down the line.

By the way, I doubt she told you the whole story. Cheaters never tell the whole story at the beginning and they go into damage control and trickle truth you. If the roles were reversed do you honestly think she would be so accepting as you have been? I would think about getting an annulment. She tricked you into the marriage. If you knew this beforehand, would you have married her anyway? See a lawyer. Good luck.
Bryanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 4:30 PM   #5
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
The thing is though, she only confessed whenever I told her I was gonna find out one way or another. It was her best friend that told me to begin with. She makes it sound like he forced himself on her, but the distinct mental image I'm getting is she stuck it out there for him to do his thing. We've been together for over five years now. I'm gonna try to get through this, but I still really want to to tell the guys wife. Should I?

Last edited by joeshooter; 30th June 2011 at 4:33 PM..
joeshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 5:04 PM   #6
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: colorado
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshooter View Post
The thing is though, she only confessed whenever I told her I was gonna find out one way or another. It was her best friend that told me to begin with. She makes it sound like he forced himself on her, but the distinct mental image I'm getting is she stuck it out there for him to do his thing. We've been together for over five years now. I'm gonna try to get through this, but I still really want to to tell the guys wife. Should I?
Having gone through this just a few months ago you should be very weary about working things out just for the fact that you have hardly been married long.

And YES you should tell the guys wife. If the girlfriend of the guy my wife was having an affair with would not have told me I would have never known. The wife deserves to know this especially if they were married when her husband and your wife were screwing their brains out.
DepressedinDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 5:13 PM   #7
Established Member
 
GorillaTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,398
Agreed, tell his wife. She has the right to know what's going on so she can make her own decisions.

Your second post is clearer that your wife probably would have never confessed if her friend hadn't filled you in. She would have just kept you in the dark.

It's a tough time to think clearly, but have you figured out what you want to do about the marriage?
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 5:47 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: From the Midwest.
Posts: 1,189
You've only been married shortly so you can still get out fairly clean. Get an annulment if you can. She's a liar and she'll keep lying to cover her ass.
John Michael Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 8:17 PM   #9
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Michael Kane View Post
You've only been married shortly so you can still get out fairly clean. Get an annulment if you can. She's a liar and she'll keep lying to cover her ass.
and as most married men find out... your tireless effort to provide for your wife/family will go very unappreciated. Your working your ass off while she is riding c*ck. this is a story that countless men are telling to the bottom of a bottle right now. no good deed goes unpunished. If I were you I would see all I need to see to know that life with her is going to be hell... you think she takes you and your hard work for granted now... wait until 7 years in when shes really bored and wants out and takes you to the cleaners after sucking off half the neighborhood

run dude! shes telling you who she is... dont stay because you love who you want her to be or who you falsely think she is.

and telling you deosnt mean sh*t... it doesnt erase it.
whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 4:28 AM   #10
Member
 
Taeyang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 18
This is a hard one.. it really depends on the woman, you can't put them all in the same category, as wrong as it is to cheat. In my opinion she didn't want to tell you because she didn't want to hurt you, not because she wanted to trick you into marriage, and then when it came to marriage, she probably chose not to tell you because she didn't want to lose you. If that makes it any better :\

It's still wrong that she cheated, whatever her excuse may be. And I'm sure she knows it, and it's been in the back of her mind for a while. It's not something easy to forget, that you hurt the one you love. And it is strange that she did it twice, but maybe due to anger/resentment/whatever her reason is, she did it the first time and the second was more reluctant as she realized more how wrong it was, and then regret it but couldn't tell you.

I'm just filling in the blanks, but this is something you should talk in detail with her, whether you want to try and get through it or get an annulment. Because either way, you need to know all the details. If not to understand, to have closure, and be able to make a more informed decision.

It's harder because you're married, but I'm sure you'll know what to do after you talk about it more.

Good luck
Taeyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 1:56 PM   #11
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshooter View Post
The thing is though, she only confessed whenever I told her I was gonna find out one way or another. It was her best friend that told me to begin with. She makes it sound like he forced himself on her, but the distinct mental image I'm getting is she stuck it out there for him to do his thing. We've been together for over five years now. I'm gonna try to get through this, but I still really want to to tell the guys wife. Should I?
Forced himself on her - twice? She was so disgusted she threw up - twice? Please don't be so naive. You say you are going to try to work through this and, for the life of me, I cannot see why you would put yourself through the hell that awaits you. Trying to recover and reconcile a marriage after infidelity is probably the hardest thing you will ever do. If she cheated while you were making final arrangements for your wedding then I can't imagine what she will do when real marital issues arise during the course of a typical marriage. If you don't have children then you are a fool to stay in this relationship. Sorry for the bluntness, but most men who have been in your shoes will tell you the same thing. For both of your sakes, start divorce proceedings now.
drifter777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 5:22 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshooter View Post
So my wife and I have been married for only about a month and a half.
only? there are no "only"s with cheating.


Quote:
I just found out last night and today, that about a year ago when we were going through a rough patch, due to myself working so many hours to pay the bills that she had had sex with an ex boyfriend.
a year ago? so you have only been married a year? then get out now!!! an annulment is still possible.

Quote:
She said it only happened twice, and that she was so disgusted with herself that she threw up.
ya, thats why she did it twice

Quote:
I'm still very much in love with her, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to get past this. My first instinct is to tell the guy's what had happened.
yes, tell your buds. hopefully they will take you out for a night on the town, have a few drinks and talk some sense into you.

If I had a friend whose wife of not even a year, or even if it was longer, cheated on him, I'd be taking him out and showing him how much better life can be without having a cheater for a wife.


Quote:
I feel like she hid it from me to trick me into marriage, so that I wouldn't leave. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you
like I said, you can get out easily if you don't have any kids with her that is.

you can still leave with an annulment.
Memphis Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 5:24 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Cheating during courting before marriage is a 1000 times worse than cheating after being married for 10-20 years.

If she cheated at a time when there is romance she will likely cheat when the boredom of a long term marriage sets in.
exactly, and cheating because your boyfriend at the time had a job and had to work means it won't take much for her to justify cheating in the future when a REAL bump in the road comes along.
Memphis Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 5:25 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshooter View Post
but I still really want to to tell the guys wife. Should I?
absolutely. she deserves to know what kind of pr!ck she is married to. that and the fact he will do this to her again.

and your girlfriend will cheat on you again. think about it. in these early stages when the relationship, marriage is very fresh and should still be fairly exciting, time is not a big friend of passion (not saying a married couple can't have passion after many years)

get rid of her
Memphis Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 6:15 PM   #15
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
good luck

this is an advice from a woman who had the same experience exept that i was the one who cheated , i've never done it before and i didn't know i can ever do it but your woman stayed with you she didn't walk out i think that this is your big answer you have just one question to ask her why has she done it for what reason ? once you find it never forget that maybe she really loves you she didn't left just focus on the feeling not on mistakes some of people are weak anf trust me cheating is not a good feeling you can have pity on her not the opposite be wise and give her a second chance , don't you ever make mistakes on your own ...wich you the best
sabinea is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need from Any Married Men Who Are or Have Cheated on Their Wife - biffster Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy 14 1st June 2008 5:04 PM
Tell a married man's wife that he cheated on her? ChrissyV The Other Man / Woman 10 6th July 2006 2:38 PM
My wife cheated after TWO weeks of being married, I'm lost... Robert2 Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy 5 6th January 2004 4:14 AM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 2:38 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.