Why do people call me selfish?

They call me selfish because I want to stay single forever.... I help people out till this day. I had not great experiences with dating women in the past. No I see that I am better off and don't have to worry about cheating, divorce/marriage costs, Splitting assets. Paternity tests. Etc. I had women lie to me in the past and I am not as naive as I used to be when it comes to a relationship. I learned that no matter how you treat a woman, if she wants to cheat on you then she will.:sick:

Does staying single make me selfish? I need to know. I may have to do some re evaluating

TaraMaiden

Maybe you're the answer to this young lady's prayers.....:cool:

OldOnTheInside
Does staying single make me selfish? I need to know. I may have to do some re evaluating

No it does not. If you don't wanna do it, then don't.

Although, if every woman you've dated has cheated on you...well, maybe you should do some introspection and find out why that is.

why do you even listen to them?

so dating someone is considered a selfless thing?

don't listen to outrageous comments.

Memphis Raines
They call me selfish because I want to stay single forever

nothing selfish about that at all, just so long as you stay away from committed relationships

• Author

I don't have the stress that most people have due to not having a relationship. No dates no gifts no calling no wondering if they are cheating etc...

I know women sometime wonder where the decent men go lol. I have an answer for that. Some vanish like me and call it quits. I had women get mad at me for not dating or going out with them or I see the disappointment on their face. I think I am saving myself from a divorce and other things that will end up doing nothing but bring me down and ruin me.

Kinder-Horror

Wanting to stay single is not selfish. Wanting to be in a relationship AND the live the single life while doing so is selfish. I don't think you sound selfish at all.

Ross MwcFan

I've got no idea how it is considered as selfish. Selfish is a negative word, as though what you're doing is bad/wrong.

Quite how remaining single can cause harm to anyone is beyond me.

Now say if you didn't buy a starving person a bowl of soup that would hardly cost you anything, because you'd rather have the money for yourself. THAT, would be selfish.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

With each passing year you can see people becoming more and more selfish/self-righteous towards others. Perhaps the world is slowly coming to an end lol. The bible touches on this issue. I can only see the divorce rate getting higher than 60 percent in years to come

TaraMaiden

Divorce rates won't rise.

Marriage will become obsolete.....

• Author

In my eyes co habitation is marriage also... The same occurs. Kids bills the only thing that is not in it are the rings. Some states still have common law marriage.

dreamingoftigers

I'd much rather that guys be straight-forward about stuff like thus then go into a relationship half-cocked due to social pressures and cause tons of pain. You may change you mind in the future, but that's no one else's business. I for one will not let a cheater or two stand in the way of my dream of having a healthy relationship. Screw that. I have a lot of great things to offer and I don't want to be alone with a cat when my daughter leaves home. (Maybe a couple of dogs).

There is nothing wrong with choosing to remain single. However, if you are asking girls out on dates, and pursuing romantic or intimate connections with them, they are probably not clear that you do not intend to ever be their boyfriend.

You can say 'til you're blue in the face that you don't want to date, but if your actions include asking out a girl, taking her out and trying to sleep with her, some of them will still be hurt.

everyone is hurt when they don't get what they want, women are not unique snowflakes.

to the OP, the last door you have to kick down is the one labeled "consider the source".

of course they're going to say you're selfish. they're selfish too and you didn't give them what they wanted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I think I would benefit being alone. I would actually have time to sleep and workout and I also tend to save more money whenever I have some and spend it on my self or on family or on people in need. I know it sounds weird but I don't like the stress and arguments and checking up on your mate/spouse that relationships bring.... I can see myself being 80 and people say wow he never got married. What is wrong with him. Etc. Even if some women find me attractive I tend to have a thanks but no thanks attitude now. Some can't stand it because I guess they are used to men falling at their feet but my eyes got opened dating a few women. I am bowing out lol in my late 20s.

Edited by avenger

I think that's what you'll find is called being a monk..... :D

I think it would only be selfish if you wanted to be single but were also stringing someone else on at the same time.