my boyfriend's virtues

My new boyfriend of two weeks, whom I left my husband for, is from another country. He says he can't marry me because his family will disown him. Is it right to continue to see him? I love him so much and he loves me and my two children. What can I do?

My new boyfriend of two weeks, whom I left my husband for

Is this for real? You left your husband for this guy who's only been your boyfriend for 2 weeks?

He says he can't marry me

You're thinking of marriage after only 2 weeks?

And you have kids?

I think this is a joke.. No one leaves there husband or wife for a man or woman they just met of 2 weeks!

That is just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why in gods name would you do such a thing???????? You do not even know this man..

I am in love with this guy and I have known him over 9 months. We have been friends for a long time. He is from Iraq, and can not be with me because I am American, but he is going to give up everything for me. His country, his family, his whole way of life.

I do not love my husband. It has been over for a long time, due to neglect and emotional abuse. He does not love my children, and this new guy does.

I am so in love with this guy I cry when we are apart, and spend every moment thinking of him. It is not infatuation, but true love. I am not thinking of marriage with this guy because I have just left my husband, but I do see marriage in the future. He is my life.

he is my life

Sounds like you NEED a life. Don't ever become that dependent on anyone. It's OK to love him but if you need him to be something for you it will never work. He can't be everything and vise versa. You need to look deep and figure out what went wrong the first time. don't blame everything on your husband sweetie. The ghosts will come back to haunt you with your Iraqi hunk in this one.

ArdeaCandidissima

As dear Ann Landers has reminded us so many times, it is not difficult for outsiders to tell "love" from "infatuation". You've got infatuation. Just check it out below...

[color=darkred]Infatuation is fleeting desire -- one set of glands calling to another. It is marked by a feeling of insecurity. You are excited and eager but not genuinely happy. There are nagging doubts, unanswered questions, little bits and pieces about the relationship that you would just as soon not examine too closely. It might spoil the dream. [/color]

[color=darkblue]Love is friendship that has caught fire. It takes root and grows, one day at a time. It is quiet understanding and mature acceptance of imperfection. It gives you strength and grows beyond you to bolster your beloved. You are warmed by his presence, even when he is away. Miles do not separate you. But near or far, you know he is yours and you can wait. [/color]

[color=darkred]Infatuation says, "We must get married right away. I can't risk losing him." [/color]

[color=darkblue]Love says, "Be patient. Don't panic. Plan your future with confidence."[/color]

[color=darkred]Infatuation has an element of sexual excitement. Whenever you are together, you hope it will end in intimacy. [/color]

[color=darkblue]Love is not based on sex. It is the maturation of friendship that makes sex so much sweeter. You must be friends before you can be lovers.[/color]

[color=darkred]Infatuation lacks confidence. When he's away, you wonder if he's being unfaithful. Sometimes, you check. [/color]

[color=darkblue]Love means trust. You are calm, secure and unthreatened. He feels your trust and it makes him even more trustworthy. Infatuation might lead you to do things you will regret, but love never steers you in the wrong direction. [/color]

[color=darkblue]Love is elevating. It lifts you up. It makes you look up. It makes you better than you were before. [/color]

This work reproduced as a fair use commentary.