Should I be worried? I looked at his phone logs

My bf and I have been together 5 years (2 years long distance). Things have been great between us more than ever until yesterday. He gave me his password to his phone account to manage some things online and I guess he didn't realize it gave out very detailed information: who he called, how long, who he texted, how many texts, where they're from, etc.

I looked through the calls. My name was all over the list and there was nothing really unusual about it.

Then I looked through the texting logs. There was one number (I know this person/girl she's from his unit in the Army) and they texted for a few days throughout the day. It kinda bothered me but I don't know why it doesn't really bother me that much. I looked through more of the texts and found another person he texted for two days throughout the day for a several hours every minute or so. This number was from across the country...

I looked it up and paid money to find out who it was and I don't think it helped. It said it was some guy name Michael Lewis...but I have a strong feeling that it's not the person. Maybe someone on this Michael Lewis' plan.

Should I worry about this person that lives across the country? Should I ask my bf who this person is? Should I not worry too much since he doesn't text just one specific person often?

His female friend, I once looked through the texts and I didn't find anything really...she did talk about how she missed her fiance and would do anything to see him again (he's in Iraq). Also, my bf is usually the type to make tons of friends easily BUT I just think it's inapprorpiate to be texting several hours straight.

I asked him why he texted these people so much and he said it's nothing to worry about since texting are short little messages that accumulate.

Honestly, he's been such a great bf and I'm hoping that nothing bad has happened. I'm trying to think of things that make up for it...like at least it wasn't late hours of the night. Or maybe compare it to me...I have hard time making female friends although I'd love to have some good girl friends...but i always end up having a guy friend. I go through "phrases" talking to one person a time..and I'd talk to them forever online all day but not have feelings for them. Ugh relationships suck

Edited by chelle21689

Personally, I think if your bf trusted your with his password to his account, then you should turst him :)

I broke up with a woman once cause I found her going through my phone, wallet, etc. for no reason at all when we first started dating... I think she was just 'looking to make sure' kind of thing, but it really rubbed me the wrong way and ruined it for me, so maybe not looking is the best advice I could give you :)

• Author

LoL, I posted this on another forum site called tilted...everyone kinda bashed me and said that I was wrong and calling me names. Maybe I deserved it? Well, I guess I'm lucky he hasn't broken up with me because he was really upset that I didn't trust him and went looking for trouble. I can't help but to snoop...I really try not to. I've had chances to look at his site and phone before and I stopped myself but when I was already IN his phone account I couldn't help but click.

That's a shame... I googled it and it says "The Tilted Forum Project (TFP) is a discussion community that combines themes of progressive sexuality and universal acceptance" - I hope you don't think I was bashing you! :confused: