In love with a ladies man hahah

HEy everyone I wanted to say that I found out my boyfriend was still talking to his exgirlfriend of 8 and a half years. I half to make a long story short but it wasn't a good thing. I am not insecure at all but he has lied about alot of things in this short time weve been together. He tells me its because before me he was dating a few different girls and couldn't tell one he was going out that evening with the another so he's just not used to being completely honest with his mate. I see his point but than it still seems like hes hiding something or else he wouldnt lie about the simple things. So I had enough and threatend to break it off with him. OMG what does he do, goes out the same day and gets a big fat tattoo of my face and name that says my wife for life OMG now what do I think hahahahhahahah. should I trust him now cause I am going nuts wondering what he's doing and where he is and blah blah blah you know the routine. Did I mention we live together and work oppisite shifts? Going crazy but I love him