Physical flirting

Is physical (non sexual) flirting appropiate b/w 2 close friends when the other party is in a relationship? Is this considered cheating? My friend asks me for shoulder massages, taps me of thigh or on the side, wrestles with me. He's always engaging in some sort of contact with me. I've known him for almost 1 1/2 years and only in the last 5 months since he started dating his g/f has he started acting like this and its become a lot more consistant lately. Any ideas???

Thanks.

1. "Is physical (non sexual) flirting appropiate b/w 2 close friends when the other party is in a relationship?"

Not usually, but you have to be the judge depending on the extent, intensity and how you feel about it. If you feel uneasy, it's definitely inappropriate and you'll have to ask him to stop. Another good way to get this to stop is each time he does it, ask him how his girlfriend is doing, where she is, and how the relationship is going. That should stop him real quick.

2. "Is this considered cheating?"

It depends on his intent. If he's just meaning to express friendly affection, it's not cheating. If his intention is to gain your interest or arouse you in some way, it's cheating. Ask him what his intentions are when he flirts with you.

I would definately TALK things over with your friend.. The last thing you want is to interfere with his gf without even meaning to. But, if your guy friend provokes such things.. maybe he's as confused as you seem to be???