He tells me to wear sexy clothes

I have posted before but I am going to be more specific about this subject.

1) My guy says he never gets jealous, ever. I would have to be physically touching another guy for him to start to get jealous. The thing that bothers me is, he tells me to wear sexy clothes and it is ok if i walk out in public with shorts that let my bum hang out.( i dont wear these things anyways, but he wants me to). can anyone understand why he would want or let me wear short skirts or shorts out in public and he would be ok with it? he is 26, wouldnt you think he would be past loving women showing tons of skin? it makes me wonder if hes looking at all the other women wearing revealing, ridiculous clothing...i mean if he wants me to wear them, im sure he drools over the other girls wearing them. i dont want to be looked at like a peice of meat when i am out, so i wouldnt wear these things. but WHY would he want me to wear such things even when hes not there? im actually pretty sad about this, its freaking weird.

Men are wired to be stimulated visually, but that dosen't mean you have to cater to his whims, especially if it makes you feel uncomfortable. If he insists on you dressing provocatively, perhaps you can indulge him in private. If you feel like he's oogling other women, let him know it bothers you for him to do it while you're around, after all you can't control what he does when he's not with you. If he continues to try and make you dress revealingly in public, perhaps you'd be better off with someone who is a little more mature and has a higher sense of decency.

thank you so much. that last sentence rings so true. hes 26 yet you wouldnt know it. i would think someone of that age wouldnt wish their girl to dress sleazy, even when hes not with her. i think its sad and really makes me wonder what quality he is. hes going to be a dentist, so there is his quality...but besides that high quality, the rest of his personality with women isnt so...

well you could look at it 2 ways:

either he is very proud of having someone like you and thinks you're the most beautiful girl, and makes him feel good to show you off

OR

sad to say, he could just be a horny 18 year old lol. but, as you said he's 26 which by that time men should know what level of decency to be on ya know?

btw, how long have you been with this guy?

• Like 1

2.5 months, yeah not long at all. we discussed this issue last night and came to the conclusion he just doesnt really have standards. he doesnt judge others by what they wear cause he doesnt want others to judge him for any reason. (he dresses top notch, so who would judge him anyway). so yeah, that is what we came to. i think this issue is abotu solved though..........thank you for your input, i do think he should have decency and have some standards...

His 'reason' sounds like bs to me.

As a guy I actually don't like to have a girl I'm with show a lot of skin. It kind of makes me a little uncomfortable if a ton of guys are going to be constantly checking her out.

I'd rather have a girl that dresses with class and doesn't have to resort to flamboyant outfits that reveal a lot.

I think it's a lot more sexy as well.

I dont think its a big deal if you wear sexy clothing, just do whats comfortable for you though. If you think you can be comfortable wearing "sexy" clothing than try new things, but otherwise tell him ur not interested in doing that.

One of my fav. things about my ex was that she didn't dress sleazy. She was into that punk and skateboard thing and wore jeans everyday and i thought that was sexy enough

my last girlfriend was really hot and had the most incredible body out of any girl ive ever dated. she was 100% my type, petite, thin, and really fresh looking....But she never wore any "hottie" clothing, i just thought it would have been better if she wore that kind of clothing because in my mind if you have it you should show it off, but it was still sexy just knowing what was under there heh heh.. I think in general sexy clothing should be warn but guys shouldnt push their gf's to do so beyond "hey id like it if u wore so and so kind of clothing, would u?" just a simple question and leave it at that

if they dont wear sexy clothing they are just as sexy if they are fine underneath...bottom line, clothing makes a very little difference if she's fine, she could be wearing garbage clothing and still make it look sexy.

Well, for me...

A lady in a beautiful evening dress (not flashy, trashy type waist high stuff) always got my attention. Just the way it outlines the flowing curves of her body...very hot in my opinion).

Oh...and the sun dresses (not short short)...just make a woman look so beautiful.

Peace and love

Curt

It's good that you are sorting it out. There are some folks who get their jollies by showing themselves off or having their partners show off their stuff; it's a form of exhibitionism. Like everything else, if it floats both people's boats, that's fine but a person should not do something that makes them feel uncomfortable.