I really like my boss...

Hi,

I am in a messed up situation. I have been at my current job for almost a year now, and I really like my boss. When I first started, I couldn't even talk to him because I was too shy. Now I feel like I flirt with him and he kind of flirts back. I don't really know. I have dated 1 person in my life and that was in elementary school. I am now 18 years old, and my boss is 21 years older than me. My co-workers and I think he is dating the assisstant manager, but they both hide their relationship.

I really don't know what to do. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. Should I keep pursuing him until something works out, or should I just let it be?

Thanks for any advice.

This sounds like a touchy situation, I would not want to date someone I work with, especially a boss. If things go wrong it could have bad consequences not only in your personal life but in your workplace. Also he's 21 years older than you and that in itself is something that may be a problem for you down the road. As you said your 18, and have only dated one person, I have an 18 year old daughter and if she were to ask me the same thing you are asking, I would discourage her from pursuing a relationship as you described. Good luck hun.