Which of these would you allow??

Hi everyone, Basically i'm just curious as to which of these you personally would fine acceptable to happen, while in a relationship with someone?

Some are direct problems that i'm having (Ie, my g/f doing them), and some are just for curiousities sake.....plus it'l let me see if i overreact!!!!

Ok here go's, (Pretending it was you're partner with a member of the opposite sex, would u find it acceptable)

1. Quick hug =

2. 5+ second hug =

3. Kiss on the cheek =

4. Quick kiss on the lips (A Mwah kiss! hehe!)=

5. Long kiss on the lips =

Hope noone minds doing it!

Cheers, Jay_83

1. Quick hug = is okay

2. 5+ second hug = also okay

3. Kiss on the cheek = ditto

4. Quick kiss on the lips (A Mwah kiss! hehe!)= it'd better be his dang sister!

5. Long kiss on the lips = I'd kick his •ss up one side of the road and down the other!

my thoughts are these: if you in an exclusive relationship with someone, gestures of affection (other than with family members) should be limited. Otherwise, you're looking for gratification where you shouldn't be!

This is a truly unscientific question. Anybody who find the last one acceptable would definitely be on another planet, in my opinion.

A quick kiss might be appropriate from a very old friend but I think it would be in bad taste to do it in front of someone's partner.

ThisGirlNameKD

I would allow my mate to accept a quick hug, a 5+second hug from a relative or someone from his fraternity that he hasn't seen in a long time, a quick kiss on the cheek, and anything after that is totally unacceptable!

• Author

Thanks guys,

I called up the girl in question as things are going well at the moment and decided to bring it up.

Basically she's an affectionate person, and i haven't ever been with someone thats like this before.

I spoke to her about the 5+second hug (The main one i was having a problem dealing with) and suprise suprise, like normal she hit the roof! "Thats the way I always have been and i'm not gonna change" was some of the words i deciphered.

Anyway, after calming her down I explained that i'm not trying to change her, just mearly don't wanna see her hug other guys that way.

I guess we're different in respect to this cause personally I couldn't and wouldn't wanna hug anyone that way because of how I feel about her.....ESPECIALLY NOT IN FRONT OF HER!

Anyway she's said that she'l calm it down in front of me, which i'm happy about.

Quackanne has all my answers downpat...

And old friend of my partner did the #4, quick kiss on the mouth, and I'm still pissed 3 months later. I better never see that "old friend" again. Two people will be embarrassed, and neither of them will be me.... :cool:

Originally posted by Jay_83

1. Quick hug =

2. 5+ second hug =

3. Kiss on the cheek =

4. Quick kiss on the lips (A Mwah kiss! hehe!)=

5. Long kiss on the lips =

Hey all,

I'm new to the board, but I like what I see and I look forward to hanging out once in a while.

To the question - I know that I have jelous tendencies, that being said...

I really think much of this depends on the circumstance, i.e., whom is the other person showing this affection to. In this case it could be to another guy that could be just a friend or a guy that perhaps could be interested in a little more than friendship.

As men (sorry...didn't mention this before, but I'm a guy) we usually have a pretty good feel for other men, and what they're intentions are (yeah ok, not always, but sometimes...).

My girl has some really old male friends that I wouldn't care if she hugged for a long time, or perhaps kissed briefly on the lips (well....maybe...). But for most others, if these others guys where just friends, I would be pissed about the long hugs and ANY kind of kisses.

So I guess it's all a judgement call depending on the situation, other person and your mood at the time.

Peace,

WideAwake

first of all...i think hug and 5+ second hugs are okay. i think that's within the acceptable range of friendships. however, if my guys does anything that goes beyond that..i will personally kick his ass. i think the important thing is that both partners in the relationship should agree on the acceptable range..so there's no double standards.

Wait wait wait... so I should be upset when my gf takes another guy's d in her mouth?

Hehehehe, come on people, this is a little ridiculous...

on another topic..which is somewhat related in a way..

is it normal/okay for guy friends to ask female friends for hugs? does that make him any less manly or/and more desperate?

Now thats a little better topicwise.

I remember in college, once I broke up with my gf of a few years, I'd just have these bad days where I was depressed. I'd go to the girls who lived downstairs and ask 'em for a hug and they'd always give me one, and it made me feel better.

I dunno if that makes me less manly or not, but I'm comfortable with my sexuality enough not to care.

i mean...is there any more intent behind asking for hugs?

well..i think its nice when guys ask for hugs...it makes the girls feel more respected and more needed by the guys...girls are usually suckers when it comes to helping a guy cheer up by giving him hugs.

Hahahah, oooh that is so true, whenever I asked them they got this look in their eyes like I was doing them a favor.

As far as the hugging for more than just hugging.... i dunno... there are slummy guys out there so prolly. Mine was always just cuz I needed to be cheered up. Ain't nuttin' like a hug!

1. Quick hug =

2. 5+ second hug =

In a relationship...

I'll allow anything up until those two. If anyone does #5, kissing someone on the lips, that's cheating.