what do you do when your bf betrays your trust?

Hey everyone,

Well I wanna thank you already for taking the time to even read this message...

Me and my bf have known each other for years and have been together for almost 9 months now. We are both in 11th grade and we love eachother very much. However, a lil while ago I decided that I was gunna lose my virginity to him and i did and we were fine after that, it was beautiful and very romantic and there wasn't a problem in the relationship until then however, I told him not to tell anyone. Then today I foudn out he told one of his friends about it and broke the promise of not telling anyone. I am so confused and have no idea what to do. He told me he would do anything to make it up to me but I dont know what to even ask him to do or what could make it up to me. Furthermore, I have no idea what im supposed to do or react..please help...

~A lovestruck girl who needs your help

His opening his big mouth has a lot more to do with plain old immaturity than it does with an attempt to hurt you or brag to his friends. Young guys do this. I've been there and have heard it all.

YOU are responsible for this. If you actually expected a young guy to keep his mouth shut about losing his virginity with a beautiful lady like yourself, you just didn't know enough about young guys.

You can also bet that the guy he told will spread the information around. The good part is that after a week or so it will be old news and no big deal.

I wouldn't be so hard on your guy. He was just being a young guy...no harm intended. But I would give him a good tongue lashing and let him know that if he reveals anymore personal aspects of your relationship with him, you will cut off his ding dong. Let him know that your relationship with him and the personal things you do are sacred and not to be shared with any other people. Make sure that gets through his thick skull. The threat of losing his best family friend should help him to remember to zip his lips.

I would keep on seeing him and forgive the matter. Now that you know he's got a big mouth, you know what to do, what to say and what not to say. With the threat of losing his weenie, he probably won't say much anymore.

No matter what guy your age you decide to have a relationship with, a good 95 percent will talk and brag. Young guys are pretty proud when they loose their virginity or have sex with a virgin and if nobody else knows about it, it's almost like it never happened...they just feel like they've got to tell somebody. It's a stupid, idiotic young guy thing.

Enjoy his company and wait a few years for him to grow up. Meanwhile, you have learned some good lessons from this...and I promise you, you're learning has only just begun!!!

P.S. I was just joking about my suggestion to cut off his ding dong. Just kick him in the nuts real hard...he'll get the same sensation but his wang will still be there.

From what I read of Tony's post I agree.

He is young and you usually always want to tell someone. I don't think he told his friend to spite you, or to hurt you. It is something he wanted to share.

Just think, how many people did he tell? Just one? The whole school? From what I can see is it was just one person out of the many he could of told if he was hell bent on hurting you.

Be proud, he wanted to 'brag' to someone, but was mature enough to only leave it at one :)