do i tell?

daisy girl34

I have this acquaintance who has been with this guy a few years now. She and he have had a pretty rocky relationship for much of the time, with lots of bickering and fighting. But they seem to stay together anyways. However, recently I found out from reliable sources that her boyfriend cheated on her a year ago with her roommate of the time for awhile. It was a huge mess, but somehow, she never seemed to find out what he did. The question is, should I somehow tell her and let her know what kind of guy she is with? Or should I just leave it alone? Help!!! :confused:

Keep your mouth shut. The ONLY reliable source in a case like this is if you see it with your own eyes. Even then, you are always better off staying out of domestic situations because the messenger usually ends up being disliked right along with the guilty party. Besides, she is ONLY an acquaintance which is all the more reason to leave it alone. Additionally, this alleged cheating occurred a very long time ago and it's over. There's no good reason for reporting hear say at this time.

Make a resolution to stir as little shxt during your lifetime as possible. That will make things a lot more pleasant for you. Bugs can never fly into a closed mouth.

If I was the one cheated on, I'd want to know. That's just my thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
tanbark813

If one of my friends knew my SO had cheated on me and he didn't tell me about it, I'd be *pi$$ed*. Personally I think it's obligatory for friends to look out for each other. I hate being kept in the dark.

Telling her is the right thing to do, even if it's at the risk of being disliked yourself.

hello, sticky situation m8, i have been cheated on i found out from her best mate, i was very angry but it least i knew that she didn't love me and just using me. if you do tell her it's going to hurt her alot especaily if they have been together for along time, but if you don't she might find out by herself, cause you find out from word of mouth that might not be the truth which will make you the bad person, i would keep an eye on him, if he carries on then say something like "i thin your biyfriends cheating on you " .

regards dave