I am a controlling boyfriend......help me!

Just the other day I was with my girlfriend in my 8th hour class. She started talking to this kid (who was my friend) and when she walked out o class she put her hand on his back.

I Got really jealous and I told the kid that she liked him, but he already had a girlfriend. I didn't even think about the problems that it would cause my baby. I guess I just seen her talking to him instead of me and it got me all crazy.

Well I messed up once and I don't want to lose her. But I don't know what I can do to become less controlling. I think it has something to do with the fact that I am insecure about myself.....I mean out of all the guys in my school she likes only me?!? why I mean why am I soo great???

Some may say that this is a trust issue however I trust that she won't do anything with him or anyone else. Anyways, I don't wanna be jealous, I want to be the best boyfriend to her I can be and I dont want to control her. She deserves to have a life of her own......so my question to you is what do I do??? How can I become more secure about myself and less controlling? Any advice is much appreciated.....

Anthony

Once you realize that if she finds somebody she likes better you can do the same, you won't be bothered so much. You can't worry about things you don't have control over.

Just know there's a lot of fish in the sea and there's always a better one swimming by if the one you've got slips away.

Relax and enjoy life. It doesn't last very long.

I have problems controlling my jealous streak. I think you need to look at why you feel this way.

Have you had a girlfriend cheat on you?

Are your parents still together? Was there cheating there?

Have you cheated on your girlfriend?

You are afraid of it happening because it has happened to you before, somehow.

You need to understand why you feel this way, then when you start to feel jealous you can realise that it has nothing to do with the present situation, but what happened in the past

That's not necessarily true, Kat. It could be that he is extremely insecure so he thinks that she would prefer anybody else to him.

One thing you can bet on, Scoobs, is that no girl will want someone who clings out of that kind of desperation. If you are that needy and desperate, you need to spend time with yourself to develop your own sense of self before you get into a relationship.

• 2 weeks later...
betho652002

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years i love him very much and i could never let him go. For 2 years he has been very jelous. I meen i can't wear much summer clothes, can not talk to any of my guy friends that i knew all my life sometimes he get's me so mad and sometimes i do think about leaving him. When guy's are like this to girls i't hurt's them really bad and it break's thier heart to know that you do not trust them. I have a baby with him now her name is tristen dawn she bring's us so much joy and happiness but having a child and being a responsible mother i guess that don't change a thing, when i go for a walk or talk to my friends i don't think twice about guys they are out of the question because i have a life and i am very happy with i am with.

i think you should try to trust because without trust there is no realtionship, I also think you should sit down with her and talk to her and ask her how she feel's about you and how you feel about her and make promises. That is what my boyfriend and i did now he has trust in me and we are very,very happy