cheated on, now what?

I moved states to be with my boyfriend of 2 years. When i got here he mentioned he hangs out with our neighbor who happens to be a call girl! I was annoyed and bothered he'd hang out with such trash, but not too worried knowing fidelity is #1 to him. I was a little insecure when I saw her one day (my age/decent looking) and felt a wierd vibe ,and noticed he had been calling her here and there (i noticed on his cell's call history). well, its a year later and i found an e-mail dated from 6 months ago that he wrote her with details of an sexual experience between the two. there was no physical contact, but a sexual experience was described that included watching one another do "things". i freaked out and confronted my boyfriend who came clean and told me the whole story. i have also spoken with the girl who had the same story as my man. she wrote me and apologized saying i shouldn't break up with him because they really had nothing going on... he confessed to two incidents at her house in which she watched him do "something" to himself (again, no contact between the two) and about 7 or so sexually explicit e-mails to one another. Granted there was no touching of one another, this is cheating, right??? He told me it meant nothing to him and he was so unattached to the situation. He says I am making more of it than it ever was or could be. He mentioned he wanted to tell me for so long because he felt guilty and crappy about it, but didn't want to lose me over something so minor. He says he'll do anything to get me back (we still live together), but is it possible to trust again? Is it worth it to try to get over this or will we always face this problem? How do I get this out of my head and stop crying? Do I move back to where i left and start over, or continue my life out here with him to work things out? will I always be tortured by this? What do I do now????

I was personally troubled by your boyfriend's behavior and I have no idea who he is. I feel his behavior in these matters was repulsive to say the least.

Frankly, it takes someone of little or no class to perform sexual machinations in front of and along with a prostitute. I can find no way to defend the kind of behavior he participated in and I don't think you will ever forget it.

Forgive him for what he did but don't forgive yourself if you continue to have anything to do with a man who has so little respect for his relationship with you and so little class. You deserve better.

I hate people who do this kind of crap and then feel so bad about it later. That's a lot of bull. If they felt bad about it, why did they do it in the first place?

I hope you get more encouragement from others. As for me, if a lady of mine did anything like this, she would be history in my life, not because I wouldn't forgive her, but because I wouldn't want such a person in my life and I wouldn't take the risk of having it happen again.