What does it mean when a girl stares but doesn't smile?

I was at my gym the other day and was walking over to the water fountain when I noticed an attractive girl staring right at me. I had to walk past her to get to the water fountain. I held her gaze for maybe a couple seconds and then looked away. (She was definitely looking my right in the eyes and was not looking at anything behind me.)

Is this a sign that she likes me? She was not smiling when she was staring, so I don't understand whether her staring at me meant anything. FYI, my gym is two levels and I went to the second level to stretch at the end of my workout and that was when I saw the girl - I have seen her previously at my gym on several occasions.

Does staring alone signal interest, or does it have to be accompanied by smile?

Difficult to tell. You might just have been a point of focus, while she's thinking of other things. The only way to confirm this, is to smile at her and if she doesn't even blink, you know she's mentally somewhere else.

Did you smile at her?

• Author
Difficult to tell. You might just have been a point of focus, while she's thinking of other things. The only way to confirm this, is to smile at her and if she doesn't even blink, you know she's mentally somewhere else.

Did you smile at her?

I may have instinctively smiled, although I cannot really remember - I got a little nervous.

Luckily, she goes to the gym in the evening when fewer people are there, so I'll most likely see her down there again soon and if she keeps looking at me, I'll know something is up.

If she was not attractive, then what would your response have been? Would you have considered it as showing interest in you?

Can a woman stare without it being perceived as interest?

What was it about her body language...besides her stare...that made you think it was more than a simple stare?

We DO pick up on little nuances like stares and we do instinctively know what they mean. Usually what our gut tells us can be true.

• Author
If she was not attractive, then what would your response have been? Would you have considered it as showing interest in you?

Can a woman stare without it being perceived as interest?

What was it about her body language...besides her stare...that made you think it was more than a simple stare?

We DO pick up on little nuances like stares and we do instinctively know what they mean. Usually what our gut tells us can be true.

If I didn't think she was attractive, I would not have held her gaze at all.

A woman can stare without it being perceived as interest - that's why I'm unclear as to whether her stare meant anything. However, I don't think this was a "zoned out" stare.

She could be a little shy herself and maybe that would explain why she wasn't smiling. Or maybe she isn't interested - I don't know right now.

• Author

I saw that girl at the gym yesterday. I was wrong about her - she just stares at guys for some reason even though she's probably not interested. It seems a little odd to me...

• Author
Next time you walk by her hang your junk out and see what she does.

Great advice - why didn't I think of that? Maybe I could also be sure to eat at Taco Bell for lunch and then I could fart right in her face as I walked by - do you think that would turn her on while she looked at my junk?

mr.dream merchant
Great advice - why didn't I think of that? Maybe I could also be sure to eat at Taco Bell for lunch and then I could fart right in her face as I walked by - do you think that would turn her on while she looked at my junk?

Yeah man. While you're at it just pile drive her into the weight racks. Lmao..I'm just messing with you. Go talk to her, who cares if she stares at every guy in the gym. Try to get her interested in you.

I assume that when a woman look into my eyes for a second, it means that she likes what she sees. Not that she necessarily wants anything to come out of it since she might still be happy in her current relationship.

oh yeah, that'll work- hold her down and sit on her head when you do it. Girls love that.