My girlfriend kissed another guy

My Girlfriend and I have been together for 2.5 years, its been a great relationship and last year we got engaged and started living together at my parents house, over the past few months however, things have gone downhill, we have been arguing alot recently and she had decided to move out with her sister as my parents house is difficult to live in (I totally see her point on this).

The other day she went to a nightclub and kissed a guy who I know she has slept with before we got together, she came straight out and admitted it to me which I respect her but there's two main things that bother me.

1) She was'nt drinking at the nightclub so was totally soba!

2) She likes going out alot which I have no problem with but if I forgive her I am always gonna have this in the back of my mind.

I am just really confused and dont know what to do, I have asked her to move out back to her Mum's to give me some space and time to think.

My Girlfriend and I have been together for 2.5 years, its been a great relationship and last year we got engaged and started living together at my parents house, over the past few months however, things have gone downhill, we have been arguing alot recently and she had decided to move out with her sister as my parents house is difficult to live in (I totally see her point on this).

The other day she went to a nightclub and kissed a guy who I know she has slept with before we got together, she came straight out and admitted it to me which I respect her but there's two main things that bother me.

And she was at a nightclub why???

2) She likes going out alot which I have no problem with but if I forgive her I am always gonna have this in the back of my mind.

Well there is a reason she likes to go out alot.....there are alot of men where she likes to go.

I am just really confused and dont know what to do, I have asked her to move out back to her Mum's to give me some space and time to think.

I think you know what to do and your asking her to move back home is one step in the right direction.

But forget the "needing space" thing. I'd tell her straight up, "I don't need space...I just don't need you" and break it off.

You don't need someone you can't trust and she has proven that she can't be trusted.

Get rid of her.

• Author

Thanks for the advise, I just need to be sure my decision is right.

She's 21 so I guess nightclubs are still a big thing!

Out of all the "My partner kissed another guy/girl" I have'nt read one were the offending partner was soba, I am not saying being drunk is an excuse but it makes people do silly things.

This is what makes this so disturbing. She was totally sober and knew exactly what she was doing. The bottom line is that wanted to kiss the guy and did it. What is this telling you?

That's easy Gunny!:cool: As you would always say, drop her Princess Ass!:mad::cool:

Oh, and remember Guns, that cheaters always leave out the important details, like the TRUTH, such as, she screwed him!

BTW, it looks like one of those possible revenge thingys, well, you got her angry, so she hurts you in one way or another, DRAMA!:sick: That's all that is!

Hope it helps, MAN.:cool: I have a feeling that you already know what you gotta do!:cool:

This relationship is OVER! Cut your losses now and move on before this chick drags you through the mud.

I am serious, start running for the hills.

I agree with everyone else.. it sounds like she's incredibly immature and childish and made a sober decision to kiss some other guy to get back at you for making her mad.. who knows what would happen next time?

How disrespectful.. you really want a marriage like that?

Gunny, we know you can do better than that, we're here to look out for ya!:cool:

Oh, and the problem ain't with you, in case you missed it, it's with them!:eek:

ilovemybestfriend

just cus she kissed another guy doesnt mean a thing unless she was having a serious relationship with him at the time!

kissing is harmless. just confront her and say if it happeneds again then your gonna have serious problems.

dont worry. everything will work out.

She kissed a guy and all that you can think about is having that on the back of your mind?! Stand up for yourself! You've been together for 2.5 years, that's a lot and considering that you were engaged and lived together (Next time I suggest you rent an apartment) so you can't take this that easy. Show her your authority in this relationship. Tell her that if it happens again you two can't be together (Quite frankly I would've dumped her right after the kiss), a third person (He might be) in a relationship is never a good thing. Work out all your problems and try to make some plans for the future. That way you will have half of the arguments that you have now and your relationship will be more stable.

That's easy Gunny!:cool: As you would always say, drop her Princess Ass!:mad::cool:

Oh, and remember Guns, that cheaters always leave out the important details, like the TRUTH, such as, she screwed him!

Absolutely agree 100%

just cus she kissed another guy doesnt mean a thing unless she was having a serious relationship with him at the time!

kissing is harmless. just confront her and say if it happeneds again then your gonna have serious problems.

If kissing is harmless, then why would it be a problem if it happened again?

• Author

Kissing someone in a nightclub is far from harmless, we are not talking about a peck on the cheek here.

Of course its gonna be on my mind, I know who the guy is and i'll probably bump into him at some point, he knew we were both engaged, she was soba... so yeh I feel pretty ****.

I agree kissing is not harmless and it shows that she is capable of cheating! Just be grateful that you found this out before you married her. What has she said about the situation?

Kissing someone in a nightclub is far from harmless, we are not talking about a peck on the cheek here.

Of course its gonna be on my mind, I know who the guy is and i'll probably bump into him at some point, he knew we were both engaged

And boy would I like to see you slap a lateral vascular neck restraint on him.

Semper fi!!!

Crestfallen_KH

Uh, guys, I don't think this is the same Gunny...

Regardless, have you tried talking to her? Yes, there is no excuse for kissing another man, but she admitted to it right away and obviously feels bad about it. You are certainly entitled to be angry, and even dump her for it - I'm not disagreeing with the majority of the advice you've been given here.

However, if you want to talk to her and listen as to why this was able to happen, it could be an opportunity for the two of you to discuss the issues in your relationship and rebuild it if you so choose. It's natural not to know what you want right now, so give yourself time. Being apart is probably a good thing.

If you decide that the relationship isn't worth rebuilding or that you will never be able to trust her again and break it off, no one would blame you. But, if you decide the relationship is worth saving, then a good, long talk (and possibly some couples' counseling) might be able to help the two of you identify your issues and rebuild your relationship.

Not the same Gunny? Then where is he? Yeah, noticed the number of posts he has! How'd he do that? There can be only one Gunny on here, because once the username has been taken, that's it!

mental_traveller
This relationship is OVER! Cut your losses now and move on before this chick drags you through the mud.

Wise words, this post has my full approval.

Im john mccain....and I approve this message.

• Author

I am a new user, this is my first post on here.

Well we split up and it sucks but I think its for the best! I guess in time this **** gets easier.