whats up with long-distance r/s's...

a couple guys i know who are always flirting with me (or at least thats how i perceived it ...) turned out to have long-distance r/s's... they both only see their girlfriends for christmas, reading week, in the summer... I guess I'm wondering why anyone would do that... it's not really a r/s when u only see the person so rarely, right?? why do they do it? they're both young (early 20s)... isn't it weird? esp. since they flirt w/ other gals here... they obviously like girls' attention... but they stay in their long-dist. r/s... why?? i know i'd never do that, b/c unless i see the person at least a couple of times a month, i just cannot keep a close r/s with them......... anyway, im just ranting eh?

-yes

Why didn't you ask THEM that question? There are a thousand reasons why they could be doing this and we aren't psychic here.

As you said, they flirt with other girls so I guess it may be nice for them to have "relationships" with ladies who are at a distance which enables them to flirt or even date ladies who are in their proximity at the same time...sort of having their cake and eating it too.

Some people who thrive on long distance relationships do so because they fear emotional intimacy and having their partners some distance away protects them from achieving the kind of closeness that makes them uncomfortable.

Still other people like the idea of keeping their freedom in a manner of speaking and yet having someone somewhere they can call their own. Pretty sick, isn't it.

So the next time you see one of these guys, ask them specifically what they get out of having their girlfriends living some distance away and not seeing them often. Let us know what they say.