I'm a junior in college and my bf is a senior. On friday he will be going to Panama City Beach Florida for spring break with his single guy friends. We've been together for 2 years and 2 months. Should I be worried?? I am. He is a trustworthy guy...I know he would be very unlikely to cheat on me. But he is a guy and there is a lot of drinking and girls in little clothing looking for attention. I dont want to get hurt. I trust him not to "hook up" with another girl but I dont know if I trust him to completly behave himself in that kind of environment. Im scared that something will happen down in Florida and he wont tell me about it when he gets back. Plus Im not very happy about him going on a week long trip that consists of getting wasted and checking out other girl's goodies all day and night. To make matters worse, I have no plans for spring break and few of my friends will be around. Without things to distract me, I fear I will sit around and stress about what he might be doing all week (which will drive me crazy).

Should I be worried? Please help!

Edited by AshE20

Honey book yourself a trip or load up on prozac...

You should be scared. What happens on Spring Break, stays on Spring Break.

Sorry! I dont meant to be mean. Any of his boys single??? then you are in for it!

Beer, E, Wet T-shirt contest and a load of filths= Too hot for TV.

Not sure how much Panama city gets it poppin' but Miami is insane and Cancun... I'm saying no more.

Good luck baby girl... I'll say a lil prayer or two for your man to fight temptation and for you to bare with whatevs may happen.:o

• Author

Well my bf just left...it will be a 24 hour long bus trip. I was crying when I dropped him off...even his eyes got watery. I left him a love note in his suitcase for him to find later. Luckily the girlfriend of one of the guys hes going with is going down there too with her friends, so at least she'll be around to keep her eyes on the boys and make sure theyre not getting too out of control. Although she wont be around all the time. Im so sad. This is the toughest thing our relationship has ever had to endure. I hope everything will be okay. I hope I'll be okay. He said to me before he left that "Ive never loved anyone in my life half as much as I love you, Im going to miss you a lot". Do you still think I have anything to worry about?

I'm in a long distance relationship (he lives in Canada, I live in Australia, we've been apart for 10 months), and my boyfriend and his single mate have gone to Mexico for a week. Am I jealous? Yes. There are going to be lots of girls in bikinis, he's going to be drinking. He wrote an email and said they went to a wet t-shirt contest held by Girls Gone Wild. And to make it worse, he hasn't seen me in a long time, so its going to be like sensory overload for his poor little male mind, lol.

Honey, its a week. Believe me, the situation could be worse. I'm sure you can trust him, but only you can be the true judge of that. From what you've said, sounds like you have a good one.

But in the meantime, please find something to do with yourself. Go shopping, go out with the few friends you have in town. Go see movies. Do fun stuff by yourself! Its only a week, the time will fly.

This entire thread is making me want to hit the beach, you make it sound like these girls just land in your lap ready to go

• Author

Well my boyfriend just spent his first night down there. They arrived around 5 pm. They went to a bar called Harpon Harry's that is like a 2 minute walk from their hotel. He says its a sausage fest for real. At Least a 2 to 1 ratio of guys to girls depending on where you are at the time. So I guess he has little chance of hooking up cause there is a lot of competition. Even his 2 single friends that do wanna hook up with girls down there have a small chance and my boyfriends not even looking to hook up. Maybe thats just me being optimistic.

They had an early night though because they hadnt gotten much sleep on the bus the night before. Went to bed around 2 am. He says its very beautiful down there and the hotel room has a belcony over looking the beach.

So there hasnt been too much to worry about so far. But today is the first day of beach activity and Im sure they will go to a better bar/club tonight than last night. Was no contests to watch last night but I told him "dont worry hunny, Im sure youll see lots of boobs today". (hopefully not)

Comments and thoughts welcome!!

Sounds pretty tame babe.

While I've been apart from my boy, I was worried that whenever he saw an attractive woman, he would forget about me. Apparently it doesn't work like that. A male friend of mine said that when a man is in love with someone, and really into them, when he sees a hot girl, he starts thinking about his girl.

Hope this makes you feel better!

Hey- he sounds like he is doing everything he can to reassure you AND spend time with his buddies. He sounds like a good guy.

Chill woman.

PS- My fiance went to a strip club on a bachelor party thing, I dont' care if he looks at other womens boobs, he won't touch them, and I know he loves mine the best.

:D

S Apparently it doesn't work like that. A male friend of mine said that when a man is in love with someone, and really into them, when he sees a hot girl, he starts thinking about his girl.

My fiance has just confirmed this to me...

My fiance has just confirmed this to me...

My boyfriend was just reading over my shoulder and said the same thing...but who knows maybe he was just trying to get laid tonight :laugh:

In all truth, I don't think you should be worried. It sounds like he really cares about you and spring break isn't about seeing half naked girls for everyone. Its about just relaxing and having fun.

• Author

Well I wish I had something exciting to tell you about his second day but its just not the case. He spent the day on the beach which was pretty crowded. He also hung around the pool and i guess it was a pool party with free beer. They walked to Wendy's, chilled in their hotel room cause being outside all day makes you tired. Then went to Harpon Harry's again. Still way more guys were there than girls and he ended up spending an hour walking around there by himself trying to find his friends who had disappeared. I guess he finally found them....in the hotel room sleeping. His one friend got too drunk and passed out around midnight. I also got a call from my bf when I was out with my friend Kelly. He was all sad and was telling me how much he missed me. He said he was kinda in a funk last night.

This one girl who was really drunk approached him at the bar and like pinched his nose or something. He said "what the **** are you doing?". Then the second he walked away from her, two guys swarmed her and started dancing with her. How skeezy.

Seems like spring break is a little over rated.

(As always comments and thoughts are welcome!)

• Author

So yesterday my bf just kinda disappeared all day and was unreachable. He said he was at a club called La Vela. He said he left his phone in his hotel room to charge it. But later when I was talking to him, his phone turned off for no reason and he had to go to his room and plug it in to the charger before it would turn back on. Pretty sketchy but he said his phone didnt die it just "turned off". I guess he saw a bikini contest and a wet t-shirt contest there. That night he hung out and drank in the hotel room with some of his frat guy friends who are there in Panama too. (Hes not actually in the frat but his friends are) Went out for like 2 hours to the same bar as the last two nights. Theres not many other bars/clubs that are in walking distance, hed have to take a bus like he did to get to La Vela.

Ive been pretty bored all spring break without school or work. Im trying to keep myself busy though.

Comments?

LucreziaBorgia

The whole phone thing was probably just to be able to have some of that 'guy time' without the girlfriend tether. No doubt his friends gave him some hell for that, and people being as easily led as they are he likely left his phone at the hotel on their insistence.

To be realistic, he is probably not cheating on you, but he is also probably doing things that you would not approve of either. You get a bunch of guys together, throw in a lot of alcohol and you get a lot of oogling, flirting, dancing, watching drunk chicks flash their boobs, etc. He is probably chatting up random girls just like his friends are doing, but it doesn't mean he is going to cheat on you though.

Just hang in there until he gets back.

Please relax. He is doing as much as he can to keep in contact with you and keep you reassured without losing face in front of his mates.

Guys give eachother hell if one of them is constantly on the phone to their GFs- just give him a little leeway, whats the point of him going away if he has to check in with you every five minutes?

Don't give him a hard time for not contacting you all the time. He is on a holiday with his friends.... he will be back in a few days.

You need to find something to do so you stop obsessing about this.

• Author

Its around 3:30 in the morning in Panama right now and something terrible just happened. My bf and his friends were at the bar tonight. His friend Chris, went to the bathroom but then just kinda disappeared for the rest of the night and they didnt know where he was, but they thought he could have been hanging out with this girl that he likes down there. Well my bf was about to go to bed when he heard ambulences outside. My bf had a bad feeling and went to go ask someone what happened. Chris and 2 other girls from my college got hit by a car! Apparently they are okay but they are being taken to the hospital right now. I hope all of them are okay :(

p.s. Im not obsessing. I dont think the phone thing is that big of a deal. And I dont mind that he isnt contacting me all the time. Im trying to give him his space.

Edited by AshE20

Ash, babe, it does seem like you are obssessing a bit.

Go out and do something fun and girly he would not enjoy. Go out dancing! Have a good story to tell when he gets back.

You don't want to be hanging around waiting for him to call (a lesson I only learnt a few months ago, after five months apart.)

• Author

No, actually Im not obsessing. Hes a trustworthy guy and I have my own life to live. I will stop posting on here so I dont seem so obsessive to you all.

By the way, Chris was released from the hospital and hes okay.

I'm a junior in college and my bf is a senior. On friday he will be going to Panama City Beach Florida for spring break with his single guy friends. We've been together for 2 years and 2 months. Should I be worried??

Yes. Just ask yourself, why do people go there for spring break? Because they really like beaches??

I am. He is a trustworthy guy...I know he would be very unlikely to cheat on me. But he is a guy and there is a lot of drinking and girls in little clothing looking for attention. I dont want to get hurt. I trust him not to "hook up" with another girl but I dont know if I trust him to completly behave himself in that kind of environment.

You either trust him or you don't. I had a steady in college, and I didn't go to those places for spring break because of exactly what goes on down there.

Have you expressed your concern to him? Did you tell him you are not happy with the fact he is going down there?

Im scared that something will happen down in Florida and he wont tell me about it when he gets back. Plus Im not very happy about him going on a week long trip that consists of getting wasted and checking out other girl's goodies all day and night. To make matters worse, I have no plans for spring break and few of my friends will be around. Without things to distract me, I fear I will sit around and stress about what he might be doing all week (which will drive me crazy).

Should I be worried? Please help!

Well you're gonna have people tell you if you trust him that you don't have anything to worry about.

I wouldn't be comfortable with a SO of mine going off to the land of drunken sex party's. So I'll just leave it at that.

So what happened?? Left us hanging!

One day you will come across a myspace page with a chick and tons of pics of her and her new man...

Let me stop.

If he didnt cheat on you, lock him up and throw away the key!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

The bf has been back from spring break for awhile now (around 2 weeks) and NO he didnt cheat on me! :) He didnt even see any girls flash their boobs. Besides the eye candy on the beach, the occasional talking to other girls, and the bikini contest and wet t-shirt contest, nothing else happened. There were a few girls that him and his guy friends hung out with sometimes and the one girl posted tons of pictures of all of them online. I didnt really enjoy seeing the pictures but its nothing to be concerned about. They have all known each other since Elementary School and the girl likes my bf's friend. So she was mostly around to hangout with my bf's friend. Overall I think they really enjoyed their trip. It appears that my boyfriend is a good guy :)

Comments/Suggestions??

The bf has been back from spring break for awhile now (around 2 weeks) and NO he didnt cheat on me! :)He didnt even see any girls flash their boobs. Besides the eye candy on the beach, the occasional talking to other girls, and the bikini contest and wet t-shirt contest, nothing else happened. There were a few girls that him and his guy friends hung out with sometimes and the one girl posted tons of pictures of all of them online. I didnt really enjoy seeing the pictures but its nothing to be concerned about. They have all known each other since Elementary School and the girl likes my bf's friend. So she was mostly around to hangout with my bf's friend. Overall I think they really enjoyed their trip. It appears that my boyfriend is a good guy :)

Comments/Suggestions??

Your boyfriend probably rehearsed that about 20 times in front of the mirror.

The bf has been back from spring break for awhile now (around 2 weeks) and NO he didnt cheat on me! :) He didnt even see any girls flash their boobs.

And you know this because he told you?

Besides the eye candy on the beach, the occasional talking to other girls, and the bikini contest and wet t-shirt contest, nothing else happened. There were a few girls that him and his guy friends hung out with sometimes and the one girl posted tons of pictures of all of them online. I didnt really enjoy seeing the pictures but its nothing to be concerned about.

Again, you know this because he told you?

They have all known each other since Elementary School and the girl likes my bf's friend. So she was mostly around to hangout with my bf's friend. Overall I think they really enjoyed their trip. It appears that my boyfriend is a good guy :)

Comments/Suggestions??

I'm not saying he did cheat, but if he did, you really think he'd tell you?

Maybe something didn't happen, but do you think he'd go down there if there were no girls around at all and it was all guys? I don't think so.