What is his deal....

So this guy I have been seeing about once/twice a week for the past 2 months seems to have bailed on me. We had plans to go out to this fair this weekend. On Tuesday he calls and tells me his credit card info got stolen and that he is waiting on a provisional credit from his bank and that he doesn't have access to a lot of funds. On Wednesday I was at his place, and I saw all the forms from the bank so I don't doubt him. However, I offered to pay for the fair and he said "Lets just got a movie or bowling or something less expensive since you have to pay. I want to be a cheap date". Granted I don't make nearly as much money, and money is tight for me. But I feel like he is being selfish and slapped my offer to pay in his face. He even said "I really know you want to go, rather than you pay for me and yourself you could invite a friend so you only have to pay for you. I won't be mad if we need to reschedule our date, I just know funds are tight for you".

What is his deal!?

It's sweet that he's being considerate of the fact of you paying. He wants to have a cheap date. That's nice of him if you ask me.

And some guys just have too much pride to have a girl pay for them. I know my boyfriend does.

If you really wanna go to the fair, just tell him that. And that money isn't the issue.