Is he a jerk?

MsArtful

There is this guy I used to like but I think he might be a major sleeze. There are two reasons for thinking this.

Firstly, he took my friend out for the first time and gave her a hand job on the beach... in the middle of the day (nasty teenage stuff, i know).

Secondly I heard he was the only sober one at a party and had sex with three extrodinarily drunk girls, taking advantage of them, some people are calling it rape.

He however doesn't come across as that kind of guy.. Am I blowing this out of proportion or is he a grade A jerk?

• Author

Yes, I will be. It's just so confusing - I know its true because I heard him talking about it with his friends as well as from many other sources. I suppose I'm just deluding myself, trying to make him the person that I want him to be.

Yes, I will be. It's just so confusing - I know its true because I heard him talking about it with his friends as well as from many other sources. I suppose I'm just deluding myself, trying to make him the person that I want him to be.

Bingo. I've known many guys that didn't act overtly like "that type of guy" -- but those are the ones you really should worry about. Because they know how to cover up their nasty impulses with artifice and fakeness.

One guy, seemed stand up. Law student, good job, high GPA, close to his family. He had a problem with having sex with women without their consent, though. He was bizarre, had no feeling that it was wrong whatsoever. Evil man.

Bingo. I've known many guys that didn't act overtly like "that type of guy" -- but those are the ones you really should worry about. Because they know how to cover up their nasty impulses with artifice and fakeness.

One guy, seemed stand up. Law student, good job, high GPA, close to his family. He had a problem with having sex with women without their consent, though. He was bizarre, had no feeling that it was wrong whatsoever. Evil man.

Word.

Don't mistake what you perceive and desire to be nice qualities in someone that isn't. You have the evidence to hand.

• Author

Thanks for the replies, your input really helps to put things in perspective for me. Sure, he's great looking and has many of the qualities which I find attractive, but I just need to accept the fact that he musn't have much respect for women, which cancels out those good qualities. That example with the lawyer is very much like this situation, and I'm glad I didn't fall in to all of that.

Thanks blind otter and little kitty! You've been a great help. :)

• Author
Personally, I would stay away from him.

That's the plan - though I am applying for a job next to where he works (simply because I need one and they happened to be hiring), and I have two classes with him, so It's not going to be easy in a physical sense. But I will keep my guard up.

superconductor

He sounds like the quintisenntial "bad boy" in "upstanding man" clothing.

Some chicks are attracted to these types, and obviously it's working for him or he wouldn't be doing it.

Absolutely. Nice guys finish last, jerks finish 2nd to last. Balanced guys finish first. If there were no balanced guys left on the planet earth and a woman had a choice between the nice guys or the jerks she will go with the jerks first.

It is true that alot of women don't have a hard time dumping a nice guy who is incredibly boring but alot of women will stay longer with an abusive jerk boyfriend who cheats on her. At least the jerks keep things exciting and unpredictable.

Now I probably agree with that.

Balanced guys first definately................but just the fact you define a "nice guy" as something completely different to a "balanced guy" leads me to finally conclude that "nice guy" for many of the posters here on LS in fact really means "game playing, possibly obsessive guy, definately in need of professional help, with serious issues about trust and/or sex, who just doesn't cheat on his girlfriend"

In which case yes they always will finish last, slightly behind the jerks.

Funny though 'cos I never really realised it was meant to be a race :rolleyes:

I'm 42. My daughter is 15. Stay away from this boy. He will chew you up and spit you out and leave you brokenhearted (and hopefully that's all). You could get pregnant and get STDs!

Furthermore, he has no respect for woman at all. What is there to like about someone who behaves in that manner? You need to have more respect for yourself. Do not put yourself in any precarious situations with this boy. Always make sure you have a buddy with you to protect you from him.

It's rape if he's over 18 and the girls are under 16. Lastly, it's rape if the girl cannot consent because she is drunk.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BE WITH A MAN WHORE?

STAY AWAY FROM HIM!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the replies, your input really helps to put things in perspective for me. Sure, he's great looking and has many of the qualities which I find attractive, but I just need to accept the fact that he musn't have much respect for women, which cancels out those good qualities. That example with the lawyer is very much like this situation, and I'm glad I didn't fall in to all of that.

Thanks blind otter and little kitty! You've been a great help. :)

Awesome. Good deal. :)