wishy-washy guy

Steph21

What do you do when a guy is being wishy-washy about you? Like he only shows the minimum interest to keep you from not abandoning him altogether. I do NOT want to make any demands or ultimatums. Do I just say, "Sorry you're not interested enough in me..." even though I really like him?? Something about that feels wrong. But so does the whole "why don't you call me more" line of questioning. I want to just forget about him altogether but feel like I'm quitting if he's still showing some interest. What should I do?

Hi, seriously this is what you should do hun, you should ditch him altogether, have some respect and make the decision for yourself and look at how he is treating you, you seriously don't need to put up with him being so half hearted, you need to concentrate on finding someone else who would be pleased to have you as his girlfriend. From what I have found guys like this usually end up ditching you anyway, so I would just let him go. At the very least a few new guys may give him a wake up call.

From what I have found guys like this usually end up ditching you anyway, so I would just let him go.

As annoying as this fact is, I think this is really really true. The wishy-washy is just not a good sign - whether of how he feels about you or what kind of person he is. Either way, it's not worth your time, because he's not coming through for you and making you feel happy and good, which is how a relationship should feel.

And just think how extra annoyed you'd be if you continued to invest weeks or months of additional worry time in someone who ultimately wishy-washies his way out of your life. Argh.

I agree with the other posters. Let him know that you enjoyed your time together, that you wished it could've been different, but you're not happy with the lack of energy in the relationship and you're ending it.

I've had a lot of experience with this, and it's never ended favorable. You're right about the "why don't you call more often?" line not working. He'll give you a vague answer, might step up the effort for a day or two, but then it'll be right back to the way it was.

Honestly, there are more men out there who will fall all over themselves to get your attention. Cut this guy lose. He's not worth the time and energy, and you won't get the results you really want by staying with him. Only chance is if he wakes up and realizes his pathetic efforts have caused him to lose a wonderful woman's attention.

• Author

Thanks for the advice...I'm hoping I will be able to follow through with cutting him loose this time. Like I said, I like him a lot and have even tried ending it before but then he does/says something to make me change my mind. But it's not even that great of a thing he will do/say so yeah, I am starting to see it's a little hopeless. My friends all say He's Just Not That Into You...starting to think they're right!

Steph21,

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I'm thinking of letting him go.

Have you tried to confront him about his words and actions, as well as your feelings?

I wish you the best of luck.