How much time do you spend with your bf/gf?

KateyForFate

KateyForFate

Hi all

I am 25 and have been in a r'ship with a guy for about 4 months. He's my first 'real' bf. We really like each other but we both have extremely busy work schedules (I'm a lawyer, he's in finance) which makes seeing each other during the week impossible. We try to hook up on the weekends but we also have different things on then too - I am often working during the day on Sat and Sun, then have parties etc at night, while he has family obligations and loves to surf all day on the weekend. We usually combine our 2 schedules and meet up but lately it hasn't been working out (emergencies etc). We've had to postpone my birthday dinner 3 times now!!

We have long chats on the phone 2 or 3 times a week but it doesn't seem enough to get the r'ship moving. I feel like if we dont spend more time together things could die really easily. I feel like I don't 'know' him at all. At the same time Im not sure what the solution is... Maybe Im just being paranoid because all my friends are the clingy types who need to see their bfs every day..

What is your experience on spending time with your gf/bf, and what do you think about this?

How much do you really like this guy? If you're nuts about him, and he's nuts about you, then that would be the motivating factor in keeping your schedules aligned.

However - if you're content to keep things on the casual side and only see him once a week or so, there's nothing wrong with that. Just make sure he's on the same page.