Talking about EXes on 2nd date, is that a bad sign?

So far i had 3 dates with this guy. On the 2nd and 3rd date he talked about some of his ex girlfriends. Not to brag about it or anything, but when were talking about certain topics that related to his stories about the girls he used to date, he told them to me.

Like when we talked about my family (i'm asian), he told me about his ex in highschool that was also asian and how her parents treated him. Also when we talked about "hairy situation" :) he told me about this gorgeous but hairy girl he used to date. And when we talked about his plan to go to the beach, he kept talking about how his ex wanted to go to the beach too at the same weekend and he doesnt wanna run into her, and he told me how he met her, the situation when he was together with her and all, even though he didnt seem interested in her anymore.

Is this a good sign or bad sign for me? He is an open guy and i like it, but talking about exes? Does it mean he only sees me as a friend?

So far i had 3 dates with this guy. On the 2nd and 3rd date he talked about some of his ex girlfriends. Not to brag about it or anything, but when were talking about certain topics that related to his stories about the girls he used to date, he told them to me.

Doesn't sound weird to me if the topics to the story relates it would be normal to talk about past experiences which could be a ex, or it could be family.

I don't think just because he's talking about exes he thinks of you as a friend. I would be worried if he was bad mouthing them all the time or the opposite saying how wonderful they were.

Everybody has exes. He's probably just trying to be open and share things with you as a sign of trust and respect (because you're going to find out later anyway). Like Pixie says, you don't need to worry unless he's talking about them in a too bad/too good/too much way. Talking about exes on a first date however is still a no-no.