What does this mean...i trust you but i dont trust other people

almostthere

almostthere

I hear this all the time. I trust you but i dont trust other people.

What exactly does this mean? I have always hated this line. Every guy I have ever dating uses this line when i want to go out with just the girls.

He knows guys are horn-dogs and are going to hit on you. He's afraid you might end up liking one of them.

Or, that they might try to get you drunk and take advantage of you.

What it means, is that he trusts you and your judgment. However, it also means that as a guy, he knows how simple it is to impose one's thoughts and desires onto another person, therefore becoming convincing. Charm and "sweet talking" can make anyone feel special and expose their own vulnerabilities. Your SO knows this, and doesn't want you to open yourself up to those possibilities. Like it or not, though, you still NEED to be able to go out with the girls, just as he needs to be able to go out with the guys once in a while, too. Relationships are risky things, but if that means you can't hang out with your friends anymore, your relationship becomes even more of a risk, and is more likely to fail eventually.

"Success is getting what you want.

Happiness is wanting what you get."

• Author
almostthere

Thanks for the response. Fortunately my current bf doesnt do this. but i have heard it in the past and read a post seeing that stated by another person.

I've always hated that line, too.

If they trust you and not other people, they would trust you to NOT flirt/play/whatever with the other people.

Hitman10000

Bottomline means the guy does not trust you even if he changes the wording around. Which also ties in with his insecurities.