pessimistic bf/ gf's

laRubiaBonita

laRubiaBonita

what do you do when your SO, is always a glass half-empty-and-filled-with-flat-beer-anyways type of mentality?

it is not constant, and never directed at me, but he gets super moody..... mainly i do not think he is happy with his life right now, which IMO- could be a hell of alot worse. he just is not happy with his work right now, nor is he excited about having to be at home again.

But at the same time, i had to move back home, i am never super thrilled with my job either..... but bitching just makes me a bitch and puts me in a foul-ass mood....... so i always try to see the more positive aspects. like if i step in dog s***.....well, at least i did not SIT in dog s***.........

anyways..... i fear his bad attitude will start rubbing off on me.

i am going to mention it, but how? what do i tell him.... pop some prozac?

blind_otter

I dunno. just let him know that he's got a bad attitude about a lot of stuff and that it brings you down. And that it's not the best way to deal with a crappy situation that isn't changing any time soon. If he continues to act like this, then you might want to re-evaluate how compatible you two are.

lol, well, I'M the one who is more like this than what my boyfriend is. He usually tries to point out how things can be turned into good, point out the good points of life, etc..but it doesn't always help me. I mean, does he have any problems going on? I am this way because I suffer from Anxiety and Depression, and I do infact take Prosac! lol. So you know, maybe there is something/s that is really bringing him down?? Anyhow, regardless, if this is bringing you down thenn you need to talk to him. Just say (nicely!)that his attitude to life is brining you down and getting to you, and maybe even ask what you can do to help him out :).

Good luck, hope this helps at leat a bit!

• Author
laRubiaBonita

i too take prozac, JADEY :)

maybe i should offer him some? (sike!)

I get kinda moody too. I've been fortunate thus far that the people in my life deal with it in a "oh great, he's in one of his moods again" kind of approach. Usually, I see what's going on and change my behavior or apologize for being cranky, etc. etc.

If it's starting to rub off on you, then yeah - address it. It may actually do him some good to start thinking a bit more positively. If not, his moodiness will send him into a domino effect...

Don't offer him your prozac. Just kick his ass a little bit and tell him to quit being a grump...lol. It happens, though. Moody people are usually sensitive. Either they're totally on and happening or they're totally down and out.