! I'm really hurt about his ex!

Hi

I'm getting married in a few weeks and unfortunately my boyfriend is still good friends with his ex. She literally belongs to the circle of friends he has. So I agreed to inviting her. She's married with two children and lives quite far away, so we hardly ever see her.

Last week I received her RSVP which stated that she's coming to our wedding without her husband and two kids - just on her own! I was SOOOOOOOO hoping she wouldn't come! At first, I was somewhat ok with it but now it's really eating me again and destroys the whole thought of my wedding day :-( all I could do is cry by the thought that another big love of my future husband's will be there:-( Also, she is very loud and drinks a lot so I will notice her continously whether I like it or not.

there isn't really a solution to the problem but maybe someone out there could give me some advice on how to feel better on the day.

thank you so much!

littlekitty

I would just say more fool her for coming to see her ex walk down the isle and marry the women of his dreams!! After all, you're the one he's marrying, you are the one he's committing the rest of his life to. You are the princess for the day, and he is your prince! :)

Sod her! :D

Why do you think she's coming? Simply because it's an occasion all your mutual friends are attending? Could she simply just wish you both the best and want to share you day as a friend? Or do you feel it is more malicious?

Just smile sweetly and get on with your day and YOUR husband. :)

• Author

thank you little kitty :-) I'll have your post read out to me on my wedding day on an hourly basis :-)

this sounds so simple but she is a bit of a malicious one. (to my own defense, we've bumped into another one of his ex once and I actually quite liked her, so I don't generelly hate exes) But this one ALWAYS comes to weddings without her husband and most of all without her children. (she'll travel for 12 hours to our wedding and leaves her kid at home?!) Anyway, she isn't a nice person. I don't think there are any feelings left for my husband but she's a bit of stirrer.... Like the last wedding we went to she started talking about her blow jobs and vaginal deodorant when me and my husband stood outside the church waiting for the couple to come out.

So, as bad as ex-girlfriends are, she tops them all by being rude and not caring about anyone's feeling.

I think she knows that it bugs me for her to be there and there is nothing in the world that would keep her from flying all around the world to be there ....

littlekitty

Now don't ask my why... but I kind of had an inkling she was like that from your post!! ;)

I'd just do as I said, smile sweetly at her, and move straight on. You'll be busy with all the guest at your wedding, so hopefully she won't be too much in your face. If she starts to bother you, just rememeber that it's your day, and she's just showing herself up. Feel pity if nothing else... after all... she's not even happy enough in her life to want to bring her husband and children on a trip with her!

At the end of the day it sounds like the only person she's going to show up is herself.

You'll be looking your most beautiful, marrying the man of your dreams!! If she wants to spend her time behaving like a little girl then let her...!! I'm sure you have far more interesting things to concentrate on... like your new husband!!