what do men find attractive in a woman?

pricillia

I was just wondering what men really find attractive in a woman, and how do I get a man that I really like to approach me...

I can only speak for myself but I am very attracted to self-confidence, intelligence and competence as well as kindness and a good sense of humor.

A cute butt and great legs don't hurt either but without the first set of "attractors," they count for nothing but eye-candy.

• Author
I can only speak for myself but I am very attracted to self-confidence, intelligence and competence as well as kindness and a good sense of humor.

A cute butt and great legs don't hurt either but without the first set of "attractors," they count for nothing but eye-candy.

Ok that is good...Some men often tell me that they think that I am too nice, topical innocence so to speak. Is it possible to be confident and shy at the same time?

Ok that is good...Some men often tell me that they think that I am too nice, topical innocence so to speak. Is it possible to be confident and shy at the same time?

I think confident people aren't shy because shyness implies the avoidance of social situations for fear of being judged. Confident people don't care if they're judged because they aren't affected by people's opinions very much.

You can, however, be a man or woman of few words but still be confident. Most people, however, are outgoing if they're confident.

• Like 1
  • Author
I think confident people aren't shy because shyness implies the avoidance of social situations for fear of being judged. Confident people don't care if they're judged because they aren't affected by people's opinions very much.

You can, however, be a man or woman of few words but still be confident. Most people, however, are outgoing if they're confident.

Ok then as far as my personality is concerned I do not need to share my opinion on every conversation out loud and will be involved when there is something that peaks my interest not the same old thing everyday. I often get things going as well...so maybe shy isn't a good word

I think that you can have a inner confidence without being fake.

littlepiggy1

I like the shy, quiet types, but then again, I'm a shy quiet type myself. There are too many outgoing people out there, we shy people need to unite!

Physical attraction is important. I prefer brunette's with a cute smile and decent body (I'm not looking for supermodel proportions, but at least someone in decent shape). As for personality, I like someone who is curious, intelligent, and generally interested in things. If I ask them what they are interested in and they respond with, "oh, I dunno", it's an instant turn-off. I don't care what you're interested in, but at least have some interests.

• Author

one can be shy and quiet that is ok, I often don't avoid social situations, however I prefer some better than others, as everyone has thier favorite thing to do. But don't you all think that chemistry is important? A woman can be very attractive but if there is no chemistry there than would you still want her?

But don't you all think that chemistry is important? A woman can be very attractive but if there is no chemistry there than would you still want her?

Of course. Chemistry includes a combination of looks & personality though.

Looks = physical attraction

Personality = friend

Looks + Personality = chemistry = girl I'd want to date

A personal aside but I hung out with a girl yesterday & I'll be damned if it wasn't the best chemistry I've felt since high school or maybe even grade school. She's going to be very interesting.

Absolutely. Some self-confident people (male and female) come across as brazen and pushy and that's decidedly a turn-off. To me, confidence equates to comfort with yourself so being pushy isn't necessary.

Nice is great and shy can be very alluring. I love a good challenge!

• Author
Of course. Chemistry includes a combination of looks & personality though.

Looks = physical attraction

Personality = friend

Looks + Personality = chemistry = girl I'd want to date

A personal aside but I hung out with a girl yesterday & I'll be damned if it wasn't the best chemistry I've felt since high school or maybe even grade school. She's going to be very interesting.

ok good so men want more than just looks, I like when men find a woman interesting...

• Author
Absolutely. Some self-confident people (male and female) come across as brazen and pushy and that's decidedly a turn-off. To me, confidence equates to comfort with yourself so being pushy isn't necessary.

Nice is great and shy can be very alluring. I love a good challenge!

getting some good input!!!

ok good so men want more than just looks, I like when men find a woman interesting...

Well it depends on what a guy (or girl) is looking for. If you're looking to just hook up, then it's all about the physical. If you're looking for a potential relationship, then you need personality too.

I was just wondering what men really find attractive in a woman, and how do I get a man that I really like to approach me...

Woman's Perspective:

There is no specific recipe for attracting males. It's definately a combination of worthy values, morals and traits.

No guy wants an arrogant, bitchy, or stuck-up woman. The more earth-based you are the better...with an added touch of spice !! :)

• Author
Well it depends on what a guy (or girl) is looking for. If you're looking to just hook up, then it's all about the physical. If you're looking for a potential relationship, then you need personality too.

no only interested in a potential relationship interest

• Author
You have to be careful about shyness in an adult...it can come off as stuck-up.

yes Rosalind.. I have had one man tell me jokingly that I was a

"snooty patooty", he had a wool sweater on so I called him a "wooly bully"

we both laughed

yes Rosalind.. I have had one man tell me jokingly that I was a

"snooty patooty", he had a wool sweater on so I called him a "wooly bully"

we both laughed

Holy hell. How can a grown-ass man ever get away with talking like that. He must have no interest in getting laid ever. :eek:

• Author
Holy hell. How can a grown-ass man ever get away with talking like that. He must have no interest in getting laid ever. :eek:

come to think of it maybe he doesn't

come to think of it maybe he doesn't

That's a pretty safe bet. Might as well wear a Carebear shirt or something.

• Author

well he once said to me "bake me a pie woman"

I know what he is going to do with that pie... LOL

I think I may go to the store and buy one of those really small individual

pies for him...

well he once said to me "bake me a pie woman"

I know what he is going to do with that pie... LOL

I think I may go to the store and buy one of those really small individual

pies for him...

Extra small.

• Author

all pies aside, it is good to know that chemistry is important with you guys

as well for me when a guy thinks that I am interesting make me want to please him, not just sexually, emotionally as well. I am not into being clingy at all or always needing something from a man, I guess the balance has to be there for me, and I am sure a man is looking for the same thing.

all pies aside, it is good to know that chemistry is important with you guys

as well for me when a guy thinks that I am interesting make me want to please him, not just sexually, emotionally as well. I am not into being clingy at all or always needing something from a man, I guess the balance has to be there for me, and I am sure a man is looking for the same thing.

Damn. If I ever lucked out enough to meet a girl who I had alot of chemistry with & wasn't too needy, never bitched me out, and didn't try to change me, I'd cream my pants or marry her--maybe even both.

• Author
Damn. If I ever lucked out enough to meet a girl who I had alot of chemistry with & wasn't too needy, never bitched me out, and didn't try to change me, I'd cream my pants or marry her--maybe even both.

yes for me that is an unspoken rule, men and women change over time through life experinces but when I am attracted to a man, why would I want to change what I was attracted to in the first place...

yes for me that is an unspoken rule, men and women change over time through life experinces but when I am attracted to a man, why would I want to change what I was attracted to in the first place...

Because a girl can be insecure & realize that what attracted her to me could attract other girls as well. I've had that happen to me 2 relationships in a row now. Those type of girls seem to flock to me for some reason.