How do you respond to this

Simons

I have been talking to this lady for a while. We have only met once, but we have phoned and emailed each other for a while. The last one week, the emailing has been too much so i decided to ask her out for a date.

my email:

I wanted to take you out for a date, a movie/dinner, nothing serious:

Her responce:

i dont want a date coz there is nothing to talk about,neither a movie coz i guess its going to be very boring.i also dont want a dinner coz i dont like eating .why not shopping coz i like to shop.

What should i do here?. Should i go by what she wants, shopping??

Please help

I think she's either abit loopy, playing a game, trying to be funny, or she isn't interested in taking it offline.

Very odd either way.

Say fine, let's go shopping. Though, I may have to eat at some point, so you can just sit and watch...AND, you don't have to say a word. I'll do all the talking!!

• Author
Say fine, let's go shopping. Though, I may have to eat at some point, so you can just sit and watch...AND, you don't have to say a word. I'll do all the talking!!

sounds fine..i hope i am not the one who is going to do the buying

DatingQuestions

I think she might expect you to buy something for her if you went shopping together. That is a very odd email, and I don't really find it funny, really. Whichwayisup's response is funny, though. ;)

What a strange response.... kind of rude. Why would the two of you have nothing to talk about?

Reply with

"I'd love to go shopping with you! Did you have a specific place in mind. I know some fabulous men's stores. I'm sure you could find the perfect gift for me there!"

Or

"You're taking me shopping?!? How awesome. I'll buy lunch, but I'll tell you... I think your getting the raw end of the deal. My tastes are kind of expensive."

(IMO, I'd run for the hills from this one... if she already thinks your dull to talk to, your movie choices suck, and the only thing she would allow you to do is take her shopping. I bet everything I own that she expects you to purchase all the goodies, plus the food.)

• Author
What a strange response.... kind of rude. Why would the two of you have nothing to talk about?

Reply with

"I'd love to go shopping with you! Did you have a specific place in mind. I know some fabulous men's stores. I'm sure you could find the perfect gift for me there!"

Or

"You're taking me shopping?!? How awesome. I'll buy lunch, but I'll tell you... I think your getting the raw end of the deal. My tastes are kind of expensive."

(IMO, I'd run for the hills from this one... if she already thinks your dull to talk to, your movie choices suck, and the only thing she would allow you to do is take her shopping. I bet everything I own that she expects you to purchase all the goodies, plus the food.)

I like this..i should sent this to her..

i find her responce rude or kinda a line she has been using on guys. she is not getting a way with it.

don't reply at all. don't walk away; RUN.

This girl probably just wants to see if she can get you to follow her around the mall and buy her some stuff. You want to DATE a girl, not shop with her. Shopping will get you into that "male girlfriend" zone.