Asking a co-worker out

Ok well...here we go. I basically like this girl who i work with. We kissed on a night out last year but nothing ever came from it! I'm not sure if she feels the same cos sometimes she is a bit flirty and sometimes not - I mean when i walk passed her she sticks her tongue out at me and things like that! I havent been in work much this week and havent been able to give her a Valentines card. Athough we text a bit on Valentines day she seemed pretty down that everyone was loved up! I said that I had got her a card and from what i could tell she seemed pretty happy - although she never replied to my last text message! I said I'd give her the card on Monday and basically would like some advice on how to approach giving her the card cos I would like to ask her out...or get to know her a bit more! I just dont know how to approach this cos my past record is not very good with girls! I'm not too bad looking and i know I'm a nice guy! Anyway what do you think? Any feed back or help would be fab. Thanks in advance Damien