I bought him a drink!

PlentyLV007

Hello all!

Okay so I met this guy on Saturday at a social gathering in Hollywood.

I eyed him out for a while...then I approached him and asked him if I could buy him a drink. He looked at me in shock! Like if I was standing in front of him naked! He smiled and said..."you want to buy me a drink". Wow...sure....

We went to the bar and talked and what not...we danced and had a good time. He asked me for my number...so I didn't think nothing of it..."good times" right!?

Next night...he calls me....That shocked me....

Today I text messaged him I got his message and hope he had a great weekend...He said "text him later to see what's up"

Is this too fast....?! I mean... this is a first for me....I usually hear from a guy like a couple of days...not the next day....

Should I take a step back? Guys...Peeps...help! :cool:

bluechocolate

Should I take a step back?

A step back from what? You haven't even got out with him yet.

I don't think it's significant that he didn't follow some rule about waiting 48 or 72 hours to call.

p.s. have you seen the movie Swingers?

• Author

p.s. have you seen the movie Swingers?

Yes I own it...How funny! At least he didn't call back like a lot of times and leave me like 10 messages right?

Hmmm....GREAT MOVIE!!!

:laugh:

bluechocolate

Yes I own it...How funny! At least he didn't call back like a lot of times and leave me like 10 messages right?

Hmmm....GREAT MOVIE!!! :laugh:

As soon as I read,

this is a first for me....I usually hear from a guy like a couple of days...

I thought of that part where they were discussing how much time to wait before calling a girl after you get her number.

That movie was so money! :cool:

No need to worry! If a guy shows interest it is not something to be afraid of. I would be much more nervous of someone who plays the game of waiting X number of days before contact.

• Like 1

I personally would be turned off 100% if a woman offered to buy me a drink. It's just akward. I would lose interest quickly.

As to the phone calls. I think a guy should wait 3 days to call after getting a girl's number. Wait 3 days the first time, then 6 days the 2nd time, & 8 days the 3rd time. If she never initiates a call after that then go into strict no contact mode and move on because she's not interested. She may be playing hard to get in the first 3 times but after the 3rd time she would initiate a call if she's interested.

• Like 1

How come I never meet women like you!?

The fact that you bought him a drink, has boosted is confidence 1000%.

He thinks you're a sure thing and will be fast and eager in his contacts with you.

Use caution, I've heard stories about this guy...he got an STD from one of the doublemint twins.:D

I personally would be turned off 100% if a woman offered to buy me a drink. It's just akward. I would lose interest quickly.

As to the phone calls. I think a guy should wait 3 days to call after getting a girl's number. Wait 3 days the first time, then 6 days the 2nd time, & 8 days the 3rd time. If she never initiates a call after that then go into strict no contact mode and move on because she's not interested. She may be playing hard to get in the first 3 times but after the 3rd time she would initiate a call if she's interested.

To me, this seems like a very closed-minded way to approach dating. Way too many rules. Most women I know won't play those games...and aren't attracted to men who do. Just my 10 cents.

Really? I guess you don't feel comfortable about role-reversals then. I love it when women buy me drinks. In fact, I love it when women do the driving, too.

• Author

Okay loved all your responses! Funny as hell!

Oh MILO...on the whole I also love women to drive too....I "use to" always end up driving but, I'm over it now. I mean I feel that if I drive to my date's house, then he can drive to the destination...or I like to do the whole Paper Rocks-Scissors...that's a fun way to figure out who's driving too! =)

To keep you updated....I called him back and we talked for a good hour...we have a lot of the same interest such as basketball and I'm a big Gamer as far as Gamecube and Playstation...

Before we ended our converstaion he said that we should get toghether soon and that if I wasn't too busy the next day to call him. That was about a day ago...I do work a lot and he knows that...now do I have the ball in my court or should I wait for him to call me to ask me out?

I'm usually aggressive and would ask him out, but I'm trying a different approach (bought him a drink for starters) to see what comes of it.

:confused: