whats going on

I have recently started seeing an ex fling of 4 yrs ago again. Since we had our flirtation we have always remained friends, i saw him for the first time in years this summer whilst i was still with my then boyfriend. Over the summer i heard from him in increasing frequency, then even more so after i broke up with my boyfriend. I also heard from a mutual friend that my ex fling was very excited about the prospect of me being single.

To cut things short - we started meeting up, on fairly protracted days, then over the holidays he told me how he really liked me etc, the next time we met up we kissed.

We only manage to see each other around once a week because of where i presently live and his hours at work. He does mention things like not being happy at the prospect of not seeing me, and i frequently have phone calls or texts off him.

I just dont know what his sentiments on us are or where its going...i am tempted next time im drunk to send him a msg asking whats going on but i know this is the ultimate in bad manners....help!

slubberdegullion

You're making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

Just ask him. Men appreciate clarity & directness:

"Are you interested in more than a friendship with me?"

don't ask so quickly - sounds like it's only been a while since you've reconnected, and if you ask it could scare him off.

if i were you, i'd continue to date other guys and just play it cool with him until he brings it up or you absolutely can't wait anymore and have to know.

i may not be the most experienced "dater" but i'd really caution you against sending any drunk text messages, that just sounds like a bad idea.

if you absolutely can, hold out on asking the big questions until you get closer to having sex or something, you know? that is totally what i would do.

what do you think?